I forgot to wear my mask! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I forgot to wear my mask!

Options
Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
edited March 2022 in Coffee lounge
I rarely go out, but when I do, I mask up!
However, a few weeks ago I went to Shul and I can't believe I forgot to wear my mask.
The following week, I became unwell and tested positive. 
I have ME and I am a full time wheelchair user due to way too many knee ops and being left in constant pain.
I keep feeling like I am getting better and then (spoke too soon) I go back downhill and I'm very worried that this will make the effects of ME worse. 
Has anyone with ME had Covid? How are you feeling now?
Keep wearing those masks!

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Zec Richardson

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear that you have the virus. Please try not to blame yourself for not wearing the mask, I completely understand their importance for keeping yourself and others safe but you obviously weren't to know that you would end up testing positive, and it can be really easy to forget them.
    I work from home and therefore spent a while during the pandemic not really going out, so on the odd occasion where me and my partner did head out (to do the shop for example) there were occasions where she would remind me to grab a mask because I had just totally forgotten to put one on.

Please remember that you can always contact your GP, or the 111 number, if you ever feel as though you need some medical advice or are concerned about your recovery.

Take care
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.