lcwra backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra backpay

Options
jojojojo19
jojojojo19 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
okay long confusing story, have been waiting for a health assesment since april 2020 finally got one march 16th 2022 where i was deemed LCWRA.
previous to this i was on carers allowance to look after my mum briefly as she was very ill and dying on 20 Mar 2020 at 11:48am i reported no longer caring for her and handed on sick notes till last month but previous to the carers allowance my first ever claim was october 2018 where i was handing in sick notes til 20 th march 2020 where i was deemed lcw. apperently they are going from 2018 where i was deemed lcw so no backpayment is awarded . manage to spak to my case manager and she has put in for a mandatory re decision as i explained there was break in the original lcw and my health conditions had changed, diagnosed fybro and new meds for personality disorder. im so upset as was hoping for a new wet room out of backdated monies, can anyone help further in this confusion? thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,723 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In March 2020 did you actually "report a change of circumstances" for your worsening of health condition? If you did then the extra money should be from when you reported your health condition.
    If the review was started by DWP then it will be from the date the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jojojojo19
    jojojojo19 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    well on march 2020 i just looked back and there a change reported on health, the last time , pre pandemic i had a face to face with my work coach i was in tears in the office as i was ill mentally and was told not to worry i would be having the health assessment soon to see what i would fall into lcw /lcwra and everything was sorted.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then based on the information you gave the LCWRA element should be paid from the assessment period in which you reported the change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tales1979
    tales1979 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    HI there how far back does LCWRA get backdated  thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tales1979 said:
    HI there how far back does LCWRA get backdated  thanks 

In your case, it won't be backdated because your wife already claims it for herself. All advised on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/89975/am-i-entitled-to-extra-lcwra-payments-if-my-wife-already-gets-them-and-we-claim-as-a-couple#latest

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.