If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tashj41! I only received a letter now saying they have all my information

Options
Tashj41
Tashj41 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi am new to the forum community hope all is well. I applied for pip in October had my phone call assessment in March and only received a letter saying they have all my information now I phoned up a couple of weeks ago and was told its was being looked at and would be four weeks still I live in Wales 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The letter they sent you is a standard letter they send everyone but it's quite pointless in my opinion. A decision can still take between 2-12 weeks after this. Your timescale up to now compared to lots of others here is rather quick.
    Nothing more you can do but wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Tashj41 :) It's great to have you on board!

It's difficult to predict exactly how long it'll be before you hear back about a decision, but I hope you don't have to wait too long. Keep an eye on your bank statement, as the money sometimes comes in before the decision letter arrives. 

How do you feel your assessment went?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to PIP, and have tweaked the title a little.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Tashj41
    Options
    Hi I feel it went OK lady on the was nice it was hard to explain my reasons to claim it but I did my best I have weak echilles tendants so at risk of them snapping one has already had surgery but was told if my other one snaps it can't be fixed I'd lose my leg 
  • Tashj41
    Options
    Also I have incontinence issues also and diabetes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. What matters is how your conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tashj41
    Options
    Yes it's effects me on a daily basis as I'm Limited to do much 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.