Looking to interview people from minority/diverse ethnic backgrounds on chronic pain & exercise! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking to interview people from minority/diverse ethnic backgrounds on chronic pain & exercise!

Options
Mehrad
Mehrad Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited April 2022 in Research and opportunities
Hi everyone!

My name is Mehrad, I'm an MSc Health Psychology student at the University of West London.

I'm looking to interview people from minority and diverse ethnic backgrounds on their experiences with chronic pain and how it affects their ability to participate in physical activity and exercise.

If you are (or know someone who is) interested and are:

• 18 years or over
  • From a minority or diverse ethnic background
  • Experiencing persistent pain for more than three months
  • Living in the UK

Please contact me via my university email at: 21513171@student.uwl.ac.uk

I have also attached a poster for my study if that is easier to look at  :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your project with the community @Mehrad, good luck! :) Please see below our disclaimer:

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The research and opportunities to get involved in board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Mehrad! Welcome to the community. What a great idea. Personally I have back pain and I might know someone that would make a good candidate for this. I wish you every success with your studies 😊

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Mehrad
    Options
    Thank you Alex!

Thank you Jo for the warm welcome. Of course, if you do know someone who is happy to take part, that would be greatly appreciated  :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mehrad

I can see you have been provided with the information by @Alex_Scope. I just want to wish you good luck with your interviews and dissertation in particular. I hope it goes well for you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Mehrad
    Options
    Apologies for the late reply, thank you so much for the support  :)
  • Mehrad
    Options
    Hi everyone, just bumping this post!

I'm currently halfway through completing my desired number of interviews for my study and would love to interview more people from diverse and minority backgrounds about their experiences with chronic pain, physical activity, and exercise.

If you are interested in participating and can set aside 30-45 minutes for a 1-1 virtual interview (possibly in two weeks' time), please email me at: 21513171@student.uwl.ac.uk 

You can also look at the poster in the original post for more information if that's helpful!

Thank you  :)

- Mehrad
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @Mehrad :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

• Mehrad
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good luck @Mehrad :)

Thank you :)

I just want to thank everyone who has so far participated in my research. It has been a privilege to hear your experiences with chronic pain and how it has affected your levels of physical activity and exercise.

I'm about 3/4 through completing my desired number of interviews for my study and would love to interview a couple more people from diverse and minority backgrounds on their experiences with chronic pain, physical activity, and exercise.

If anyone who meets the criteria is interested in participating and can set aside 30-45 minutes for a 1-1 virtual interview (ideally some time this week), please email me at: 21513171@student.uwl.ac.uk 

Alternatively, if you know anyone who may be interested, please share this with them.

You can also look at the poster in the original post for more information if that's helpful too!

Thank you  :)

- Mehrad

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.