Universal credit decision. How do I appeal, and how do I get a copy of my assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit decision. How do I appeal, and how do I get a copy of my assessment?

Options
LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi guys hope you are all well! I have just received my wca decision..! Despite my doctor mental health nurse and therapist all saying I should be in the lcwra I have been placed in the lcw group.. Typical lol.. How do I appeal and how I get a copy of my assessment? If anybody could advise I would really appreciate it! 

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    Options
    Also how do I request a copy of my assessment? Thanks again 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @LeicesterLad I'm sorry to hear the decision wasn't the one you were hoping for, that's frustrating news.

I found the following information from the Turn2Us website:

After a WCA decision has been made the decision maker’s decision letter should contain a summary of the healthcare professional's report and a summary of the points you scored.

If you disagree with the decision, you can request a reconsideration of the decision.

See:

I hope this is helpful for you, but if anything is still unclear then please let me know, and I'll do what I can to help.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Hi thanks Alex I really appreciate it 😊

Honestly I'm stunned at this decision.. Having gone over the descriptors i absolutely believe I satisfy atleast three of them and that's the view of my mental health nurse too! Should I ask for a copy of my assessment and the reasons why before I request a mandatory reconsideration? Thanks again! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,337 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For LCWRA you only need to satisfy at least one of them to majority of the time. You can see them here.
    For the WCA it's about the work you can do, not the work you can't go.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Thanks poppy yes seen them and went over them before! Should I request a copy of my assessment and reasons why before ask for  a mandotory reconsideration? Surely that would be the right thing to do? I want to see how I didn't qualify for some of the descriptors before I can explain why they are wrong and submit more evidence! Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The assessment report is not needed when requesting the MR. All it causes is a distraction to what you really should be concentrating on.
    What you should do is state which descriptor you think applies and your reasons why. Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity. Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Also what is the best way to go through the mandatory reconsideration? Phone? Message on journal? How do i initiate it? Thanks for the help guys 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can either put the request onto your journal. Write a letter and send it to the address on the decision letter. Or use this form and send it to the address on the letter. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF

• LeicesterLad
    Options
    Which is the best way in your opinion? If I write a message on my journal do i ask for them to reconsider and then explain the reasons why I disagree? Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate your help.. I'm so annoyed right now I don't want to rush into things.. I'm hoping another decision maker will see common sense before it escalates to a tribunal! Thanks again poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I think either way is ok. The most likely outcome is for the decision to remain the same. Though we have had some members who've had the decision changed at this stage.
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Okay poppy thank you for your help :) hopefully I'm one of those people! I'll keep the forum posted :) Have a lovely day 
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Hi sorry again but I have another question :) will my journal message asking for a reconsideration and my reasons why be acknowledged? and who will be repsonsible for making sure it is seen by the right people? My work coach? I don't trust the journal sometimes I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced the feeling of being ignored on there! Thanks again! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your work coach will see it. Then a different decision maker will look at your claim again and make another decision.
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    Okay thanks for your help poppy :)
  • lb35
    lb35 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    Options
    I done my Mr through my journal and ended ul going right to tribunal when I recieved my tribunal notes through everything I wrote on my journal about the reconsideration had been wrote down 
  • LeicesterLad
    Options
    The assessment report is not needed when requesting the MR. All it causes is a distraction to what you really should be concentrating on.
    What you should do is state which descriptor you think applies and your reasons why. Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity. Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Took your advice and submitted my request :) with extra evidence this morning.. Hoping common sense prevails although I'm fully prepared for this to go to a tribunal! Im just not prepared for the extra waiting 😒 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.