If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Polymyalgia

Options
Mongout0000
Mongout0000 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I'm new to Scope I have Polymyalgia and would like to talk about it.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mongout0000 :) Thanks for creating another post to tell us a little more about yourself. 

I'm not too familiar with polymyalgia- would you like to share a bit more about it with us, and tell us how it affects you? 

Are you receiving enough support from your medical team to help you manage it?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @Mongout0000 I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the community too!

I don't know very much about Polymyalgia either, so I'm sure you can fill us in whenever you're ready :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Mongout0000
    Mongout0000 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi Alex about two years ago I woke up and the tops of my arms were stiff and painful also my legs.
    I went to the doctor and he said I had pulled a muscle. He then sent me to physio. I thought this isnt a pulled muscle so went back to the doctors and he did a blood test. Its a condition where your joints and muscles are very inflammed and I have to take steroids.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ahh okay, thanks for explaining for us @Mongout0000 that sounds like a challenge to manage depending on if it's a good or bad day?

Do you feel like you're supported with any treatment or pain management plans?

Even with those in place, living with a health condition like this can be isolating at times. An Online Community such as this is a great place to share your experiences with others who know what it's like, so I hope you can feel heard and supported here :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.