PIP - with NO forms filled in — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - with NO forms filled in

Options
vin_hope
vin_hope Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, 

I have received a text to say the dwp have received my report and will let me know in 8 weeks with a decision.

The thing is I never sent them any forms back. I applied for them as I would like to claim pip but due to health problems including memory and waiting for help with the awful forms I never sent them back. 
Now (2 months later) I recive this text and am rather confused. I rung dwp to ask and they said they hadn't received the forms back so have accessed medical reports and will let me know with a decision.

I'm not great on the phone and usually have someone to talk for me so I wasn't in a position to question or ask anymore without getting confused further.

But I would like to know If anyone else has heard of this or had this happen to them, where the dwp have effectively claimed for them with just medical evidence and how the outcome was?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

This does happen when the dwp or assessment providers think the person is too vulnerable and unable to complete the forms . As you didn't send the forms back in the given time they will have proceeded to get medical evidence 

The outcome will be for a decision maker to decide based on the information they have nobody can really predict the outcome for you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes if there's a mental health marker on your file DWP can proceed without any forms, which sounds like what has happened here. It doesn't happen very often but we've had a few members here that have had exactly the same.
    It also sounds like they've completed a paper based assessment. Decision timescales are between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.