If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is using a self propelled wheel chair more beneficial physically than using an electric buggy?

Options
Sue301268_
Sue301268_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows whether a self propelled wheel chair is more beneficial physically than using an electric buggy. If I go out in my wheelchair will it help with my general fitness. I'm partially disabled and cannot walk far at all and I have recently undergone a major heart operation so am desperate to do any form of physical exercise I can manage, but I didn't want to wear myself out using it if there's not benefit to it over my electric buggy but if it will help with my fitness I'll use it all the time. Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

A manual chair will improve your upper body strength but also to use it all the time outside is very difficult eg hills,  uneven ground , kerbs 

But if you walk a little you can use the chair yo balance and then sit in and wheel 

Self propelling takes a lot of effort but if you can do it then it is some exercise 

• Sue301268_
    Sue301268_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for answering me I will definitely use it more I'm very strong in the upper body so I think I'll manage thank you again 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.