mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory reconsideration

Options
jojojojo19
jojojojo19 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
hi just wondering if anyone has any stories or info on mandatory reconsiderastion on universal credit on backdated money etc for lcwra?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this regarding the change of circumstances you reported? Based on the information you gave in this thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/90117/lcwra-backpay#latest then LCWRA should be payable from the assessment period in which the changes too place.
    If the review was started by DWP then you won't receive anything backdated. The extra money will be paid from the assessment period in which the decision was made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    Thank you Poppy, recieved a note on my journal saying they made a mistake and indeed should have been from 17th April 2020. They said they are advising my case manager to action the underpayment, which is wonderful news. Any idea how long this will take. Thank you
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Such a basic error on their part - really shouldn't be happening. 

However in your case I thought your wife was already getting LCWRA so you wouldn't be owed anything as you can't both get it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Such a basic error on their part - really shouldn't be happening. 

However in your case I thought your wife was already getting LCWRA so you wouldn't be owed anything as you can't both get it.

I don't see anything about a partner in any of the OP's other threads. I see another member commented on their thread and ask this question, which i replied to telling them that their partner receives the LCWRA element, so they won't be entitled but it was a different member. See thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/90117/lcwra-backpay#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    poppy123456 said: I don't see anything about a partner in any of the OP's other threads.
    Apologies - obviously got mixed up with a hijacked thread!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    ah yes someone questioned lcwra on my thread, yes i know, if i hadn t explained to the lady on the phone who wrote my mandatory consideration i would not be entitled to the years money, shocking. is there any idea on when i should ecieve it please and thank you so much for your help
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ah yes someone questioned lcwra on my thread, yes i know, if i hadn t explained to the lady on the phone who wrote my mandatory consideration i would not be entitled to the years money, shocking. is there any idea on when i should ecieve it please and thank you so much for your help
    They first need to recalculate your past statements to work out exactly how much they owe you. These will replace your existing ones so you may want to take screenshots now before you lose them.
    There's no timescales how long this takes but once it's done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe you. Once it's paid, it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
    If you don't recieve the letter within the next week, put another message onto your journal under the payment section to give them another reminder.

• poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: I don't see anything about a partner in any of the OP's other threads.
    Apologies - obviously got mixed up with a hijacked thread!

No worries, it does happen. Which is why it's always better for members to start their own thread rather than ask questions on another person's thread. (Although the member in that thread had already been advised about the LCWRA element on their own thread anyway)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.