Pip and mobility help.. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and mobility help..

Options
craig23
craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Last year I finally got rewarded my pip after an uphill struggle for many years and several medical assessments. I suffer from advanced osteoarthritis in my knees shoulder hip and hand. and spondylitis in lower back. when I told the women on the phone this, she said to me maybe  the mobility part would be good for you, I didn’t really understand the mobility side of it until she said you could be able to get a car. I said at the time I can’t afford to run my car anymore and now don’t have it anymore. she then said again this would benefit you because my condition isn’t getting better and neither is my mental health, So last year just before Christmas I won my pip reward but got standard rate. just found out I can’t get a car on standard rate. so I’m not sure what to do now. obviously I told the women my condition has got worse over the last couple of years. I’m not sure not what to do…any help plz ☹️

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

First off the assessor shouldn't have really said that they only do the assessment and do not make the decision its not about if a car would be good for you it's if you meet the criteria against the mobility element to be awarded enhanced rate 

You can appeal the decision by submitting a mandatory reconsideration this should be done within 1 month of the decision but you can do it up to 13 months after if you have valid reason for doing it late 

Before doing anything I recommend you get some expert advice from either welfare rights or cab 

MR success rates ars low by submitting one a new decision maker will look at your claim and decide if it was the correct award 
  • craig23
    craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.