Need help ASAP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help ASAP

sundontshine123
sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
How much more can 1 person take?
was
incubated and life support
ECMO
bleed to brain
mobility issues
asthma
brittle asthma
migraines
tinnitus
sensitive hearing 
PTSD
Anxiety

Since moving into a property that i thought would help make my life easier has turned into nightmare for 2 years
The council have just made a joke out of me and put a label upon me mentally unstable!
I asked numerous different orginasions for help and support to no avail and the council lnow this and thats why they get away with treating people this way.

We my daughter and myself have sat in cold property with masking tape around the windows and doors to stop rain and cold coming through.
Was asked to shield in 2020 and thought new property woukld not need anything doing.
Was i wrong.
NCH staff turned up in 2020 in material face cloths some with none on at all which i did a complaint about and was ridiculed by NCH for this.

They sent unqualified people to do jobs that they were not trained for and they would give there un qualified opinion
sometime they did not even turn up so i wait in all day for absolutely nothing.

so desperate asked local councillor wendy smith for help 
what a joke, she did not listen to word i said 
my MP alex Norris even worse.
so if these are that bad who are uyou suppose to ask for help and being your voice?
doctors absolutley useless had to pay £60 for a support letter with nothing in it except wrong dates and when challenged her she told me i was not right.
even though i have hospital discharge papers so i am right and she is careless.
I have tried Shelter
citizen advice 

Literally wrote begging letters to these people
I even challenged them to look at 

How system let  down Suzanne Dow  
https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/insight/insight/driven-to-despair-36037
also the pilkington case 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sundontshine123

Thank you for posting this thread, and I'm sorry to hear about what you and your daughter are being put through, it sounds really difficult.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sundontshine123
    I have replied by email 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @sundontshine123

Thanks for finding the courage to reach out to us for support. I can see @Ross_Scope is here to support you, along with the wider staff community team.

I don't want to supplement their efforts. However, I do want to let you know that we all hear you and are here for you.

It sounds like you have been through a lot and continue to go through a lot. Please know at the very least, you don't have to go through this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sundontshine123 how have things been since last week?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sundontshine123
    Hi Alex 
    exactly the same 
    still being ignored by the council.
    put yet another complaint in and they twisted it and made it all my fault. 
    Not being treated fairly as stated in there own guideline
    same woman seems to do complaint which I stated 
    how can you be unbiased if you already done 3 complaints and said there is no problem. 
    This has been on going since June 2020 
    we lived in 2 rooms with masking tape around windows and doors hot 5 draft excluders against front door all year round 
    winter time draft water, summertime bugs come through the doors it’s a joke and do unfair. 

They definitely discriminating against me the lady Mo Ed into property next door the repairs always around her property 
    I put anything in I’m ignored then complain told to go to ombudsman! 

Don’t think I can fo anymore I’m tired 

• Alex_Alumni
    edited April 2022
    I'm really sorry to hear about what's been happening @sundontshine123 and thanks for explaining. I know it's very frustrating, and must be incredibly wearing too. It's completely understandable that you feel tired, especially when you don't feel heard or supported by your council.

Can I ask if there's anything that's stopping you, or making it hard to go to the ombudsman? Do you feel it's something you'd need more support with?

We'd like to offer you some additional support if we can, I know my colleague Ross emailed you recently, and I'll be checking in a little later today from community@scope.org.uk. 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• sundontshine123
    I have gone to ombudsman back in October 2020 
    And still waiting for my complaint to be heard. I feel like I am a joke 
    It’s 2022 now 
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited April 2022
    You are certainly not a joke @sundontshine123 you're a human being and you have every right to be heard, and to be treated and supported fairly.

When was the last time you heard from the ombudsman? I wonder if AdviceLocal might be able to help, if you haven't searched there already? 

I know that the mental health charity Mind has information on Advocacy, which might be something worth looking into. It could help with a little extra support in getting things looked at, and moving forward. Among the recommendations it says:
    I hope the community is providing you with a space to feel supported, where people can listen to you. I've sent you an email, so do keep an eye out for it, and let us know if we might be able to support you further. 
    Scope

• sundontshine123
    Shelter I wrote to just said go to local councillor. 
    Citizen advice cannot do anymore
    Mind I emailed asking for support but really got nothing back
    i tried different talking therapy’s but cannot help as I have mental health issues. 
    Doctors are a completely waste of time 
    I got no support at all. 
    It’s not lack of trying. 
    I had doors closed in my face. 
    Nch is Nottingham city homes. 
    ASB is anti social behaviour
    we experienced this for nearly 2 years 23 months I given them cctv footage incident numbers from police it’s a joke. 
    I have been 
    spat at 
    shoulder barged 
    sworn at 
    intimidated 
    I’m absolutely no support I even tried social services 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Thanks for explaining for me @sundontshine123 that's really helpful. Can you tell me what response you got from social services when you tried them?

You are doing all the right things, and taking positive steps by reaching out for help. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had so many negative experiences from organisations and people who should be there to help and support you. 

The Disability Law Service have a section on housing:
    If you are eligible for Legal Aid we can provide advice, assistance and full representation (including case work and appearing in court) in the following areas
    • Homelessness assistance for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
    • “Possessions” and “Eviction” proceedings whether with Local Authorities, Housing Associations/Trusts or private landlords.
    • Unlawful eviction and landlord harassment.
    • Disrepair matters (we are able to assist if there is documentary evidence confirming the harm or risk of harm to a client’s health resulting from the disrepair)
    • Injunctions under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (in the context of housing).
    • Anti-social Behaviour (ASBOs).

If you are not eligible for legal aid, they have a 'Community Care and Housing Advice Line' which I hope might be of help if you need it. 

I know it can be hard to trust an organisation if you haven't been supported by them in the past, but we can offer additional support through a referral to your local authority if you would like. Just let us know by email if we can help. 
    Scope

• sundontshine123
    I literally gone down that road 
    there is no help for people who experience Asb 
    the law centre told me this. 
    Social services said there no help as I have not got a cater advised me to go local councillor 
    Nope not had anything I got intouch with victim care as suffering from 
    Antisocial behaviour. 
    I emailed chief executive at the council this was April 2021 asked for help well begged. 
    To be ignored and later find he had done an article about the effects of ASB how it can devastate victims life and enjoyment of property. 
    Asb week July 2021 
    that was like a kick in the teeth. 
    Had no support no nothing 
    can you imagine I suffering from ASB and repair issues and told to go ombudsman. Terrible 
    I cry every night 

• Alex_Alumni
    Okay @sundontshine123 Thanks again for explaining everything you've done, that is terrible, and I'm so sorry to hear about the responses you received.

I can see you've answered my email, so the team will work to get the ball rolling with that this week. I'll be in touch shortly.  

I hope being able to talk about what you've been going through here is helpful in some way, and if you do need to talk to someone, or have someone to listen over the phone, I can recommend Samaritans. You can call them on 116 123 any time. 
    Scope

• myfairlady
    myfairlady Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited May 2022
    @sundontshine123 hello,

sorry to be sending you this message so late, so you have any health problems? Theres an advocacy service in your area called Powher, please type it into a google search bar they are able to act as an advocate and help you with your issues that you are facing. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.