Hi, my name is wallabe! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is wallabe!

Options
wallabe
wallabe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,
      recently had accident at work (last July) and just got in my PIP application (one day before my 65th birthday) after being prompted/reminded by the OT here at Salisbury spinal unit "fill in the form ASAP"  So have come online to see if anyone else has had a similar experience, or just to gain more knowledge on the PIP situation all together/generally.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    When filling out the form you should add a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    I always find it easier to do a little each day. Usually i will type up a draft copy as i go and add to is as an when. Once all of it is complete i then type i'll re-type it all.
    Make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send. Do be aware that they rarely contact anyone for any evidence. Always send copies and not originals because they don't return anything to you.
    You should expect an assessment because most people have one. This will either be telephone, video call or face to face at an assessment centre. It maybe several months before you're contacted with a date for the assessment because of the backlogs.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Afternoon @wallabe Welcome to our great group
    I'm so sorry to hear about your accident at work and i hope you have had the proper help and support from work.
    When you get chance have a good look around the site, you will find a lot of chats/threads talking about PIP, 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @wallabe, it's good to have you aboard.

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are recovering okay and have a supportive network of people around you. I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved in the community, this place is full of lovely people who are very welcoming as I hope you have already seen.

I wish you the very best with your PIP claim, it is worth noting that these days it can be a quite lengthy process from start to finish so hopefully you are lucky enough to progress quickly :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wallabe
    wallabe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
        many thanks to all, i shall have a better look at the site later today,
                                                     Regards Wallabe.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @wallabe and a warm welcome to the community from me too :) 

You are welcome to ask if you need a hand with anything, and I hope that you find the forum helpful during your PIP application and beyond. 

I hope you can enjoy the sunshine this weekend!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.