Lcwra. Should we be receiving something extra? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra. Should we be receiving something extra?

Options
Rajnis
Rajnis Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner has had lcwra for over a year, we are on universal credit and I work full time. Should I be seeing something regarding the lcwra on our payments from UC? Hes under the impression we should be receiving something extra but seems we arent. Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have a look at your statements and it should tell you all the elements that are included in your maximum entitlement. The LCWRA element is £343.63 (slightly more after the April increase)
    As you also work then it will also tell you your earnings and then the deductions at the end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rajnis
    Options
    Ty for your reply. Yeah I've looked and dont see anything for the lcwra element, hes been entitled to it for a while now and recently had his second assessment. Wasnt sure if we were missing out somewhere we struggle to make ends meet since hes been out of work. 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Are you 100% sure he was found to have LCWRA and not LCW? Please take a look on his journal and you'll see a decision letter, it will tell you on there exactly what the decision was. There's no extra money if it's LCW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Rajnis
    Thank you for reaching out to the online community. To help me understand your question could you explain what you mean when you refer to your partner having his "second assessment".  Do you mean his second work capability assessment (WCA) ? From what you say, you were receiving the LCWRA in your UC but did you lose the element following the assessment?
    Can I suggest you do the following:-
    1. Check your online journal for any entries relating to the WCA.
    2. Is there is a decision letter from the DWP saying your partner was assessed as having LCW ie that he has limited capability for work.  This is different from the  limited capability for work related activity element (LCWRA).  Very simply, the LCWRA imposes zero work commitments and the claimant is entitled to  extra money. With LCW you have no additional money and you have some work related requirements. If there is a decision letter from the DWP saying that your partner has been assessed as having LCW (or not having LCW at all) then this maybe the reason why you are no longer receiving a LCWRA element in your UC.
    3. You can challenge this decision by requesting a mandatory reconsideration (MR). You can do this online.
    Challenge a decision made by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    Even if you are outside the one moth time limit you can still challenge the decision but you must explain why you are submitting the MR late. 

Finally I note that you say that you are struggling financially. It may be that your partner is entitled to claim PIP - have you explored this ?
    How to claim PIP - Citizens Advice
    There is a lot of information on our site relating to the support available to those of us who are struggling financially at this time.
    Good luck !  
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Rajnis
    Options
    Thankyou for replies, seems I was wrong and it was lcw not lcwra, he has severe anxiety and depression and barely leaves the house anymore. He had an assessment around 12 months ago and was given lcw and has recently sent off the form to be assessed again so hoping he gets the lcwra this time. Never even thought of pip we will explore that option thankyou so much!

• poppy123456
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.