£60 for 60 minutes: Help the NHS if you are at higher risk with COVID-19 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£60 for 60 minutes: Help the NHS if you are at higher risk with COVID-19

Options
PeopleForResearch
PeopleForResearch Community member Posts: 9 Listener
The UK healthcare system wants to improve their communications with those who most need it. If you have been contacted by your GP for being immunocompromised we would love for you to take part. In this round there is a particular focus to these conditions: 
Multiple Sclerosis
Motor Neurone Disease
Myasthenia Gravis
Huntington's Disease
Sickle cell disease
Solid Organ transplant recipient
Cancer (had chemo or radiotherapy in last 6 months)
Cancer (not had chemo or radiotherapy in last 6 months)

However, regardless of your condition, please apply as there will be several rounds of research. 

Please apply here:
www.peopleforresearch.co.uk/opportunity/immunocompromised-paid-research-18819

More details:

When: Monday 9th - Friday 13th May
Where? England
How much will I get paid? £60 bank transfer per person
Duration: 60 minutes
What time? 10.00am - 5.00pm
What is the nature of the research? 1-2-1
How is the session being conducted? Online
What will I be doing? Content review and discussion

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thanks for sharing @PeopleForResearch :) 

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Research and opportunities to get involved in board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SueHeath

Yes, any opportunity that has our disclaimer popped underneath has been vetted by a member of the team :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi, 

im interested don’t have any of the conditions listed but it said regardless of condition then apply so I would like to as I’m particularly interested in this area.

• Shoolby
    Shoolby Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    There are many individuals around the UK who have not been diagnosed with one of these 'labels', yet are still at a higher risk of contracting the virus. Immuno-compromised without a label; individuals have to do the best they can.
    Thinking specifically here of many who have genetic syndromes or are receiving steroids or hormone treatment, which also affects your immune system, that raw data is not available yet, therefore it can feel so unfair when specific group or labels are listed on the NHS website to be given preferential treatment. My experience may be useful in your research, and I would be glad to contribute to your study, if only to give you a different perception.
    Regards
    S
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @PeopleForResearch. Thanks for sharing this opportunity with us. It sounds really important.

I hear you @pink_princess and @Schoolby. I ‘was’ classified as clinically extremely vulnerable and I don’t have one of these conditions. Yet, I am still largely 'shielding' because although it is not an official thing anymore, my risk hasn't been reduced.

This got me thinking and looking at @PeopleForResearch’s post in a different way. Having done so, I have noted that @PeopleForResearch has stated “However, regardless of your condition, please apply as there will be several rounds of research”. Does this help at all?

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • PeopleForResearch
    Options
    Hello all! Thank you all for your comments and feedback @pink_princess and @Shoolby :smile:
    We totally agree that people with any conditions, diagnosed or not, should all have their opinions heard by the NHS, about how to best protect everyone. 

I believe in this particular project, the NHS would like to review specific documents that people with the above conditions will have definitely received, in relation to their long-term health condition. This is why in this round we are being specific, as the NHS gave us these parameters. 

As @L_Volunteer rightly pointed out, we have many future round of research coming up. What they entail exactly, I cannot say, but their focus for the next two years will be improving communications to all and gathering feedback from those who were most impacted by the pandemic. 

I hope this little extra information helps! 
  • pink_princess
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi

Yeah and this is why I applied because of the above comment about applying regardless of conditions so hopefully there will be many rounds of research so I’ll definitely be keeping a look out for more information in the future.

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    I have Adrenal Insufficiency, ie the equivalent of Addison’s. It has left me immunosuppressed. I don't know if this qualifies me to participate in this research. How do I find out for certain? 
  • PeopleForResearch
    Options
    Hello @Oxonlady - Thanks for your comment. If you have seen this letter, then we'd love for you to take part in this round: 

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @PeopleForResearch, please kindly send me instructions on how to take part. Thank you. 
  • PeopleForResearch
    Options
    @Oxonlady Please sign up to our database here:
    https://www.peopleforresearch.co.uk/sign-up/

Then fill out this form here: 
    www.peopleforresearch.co.uk/opportunity/immunocompromised-paid-research-18819

• pink_princess
    edited May 2022
    Options
  • Shoolby
    Shoolby Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hello and thank you for clarification @PeopleForResearch

Best of luck for your research

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.