Books to read — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Books to read

Options
JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
So, who is rushing out to buy Matt Hancock's new book?
I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can’t think of anything id rush to do for Matt Hancock 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Everybody has a book out these days
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I won't be rushing out to buy his book, but I have to admit for a Tory he's not the worst politician in the world.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't see what this advertising link has to do with book recommendations, & links to paid advertising are not allowed here. Please see: Community house rules | Disability charity Scope UK

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    1963 "A slice of bread and jam" by Tommy Rattigan.

first few chapters I couldn't stop laughing, last few chapters I couldn't stop crying, one of the best books I've ever read.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ooh, what is that book briefly about @woodbine? I haven't heard of it before  :p I am currently reading Amy Price's book  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.