Hi, my name is Ali80! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ali80!

Options
Ali80
Ali80 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Recently i had to claim a carers supplement for my disabled son i am also indefinitely disabled at highest rates of pay. Im having another operation soon so i let the careers allowance dept know that id like to stop caring for my son this was and ended in early March 22 frm sept 21whilst moving into lower ground accomadited housing. 
 i spoke to Dwp as my payments for my own disability payments had to change but there was nothing I could do about this at the time i needed the careers allowance to help with my son. This week end of April (Yesterday) i was promised a call back but didn't t recieve it so i called them at 3.20pm waited 1 hr and 45 minutes to have the call ended with an automated response of opening times im owed 7 wks+ of sdp and other payments taken due to carers allowance they said they had to fill in a form called IS10 does anyone know of this form and if i will recieve the much needed pay for my low income disabled son also myself any help would be most definitely appreciated. Kind Regards, Alexandra 💐 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The SDP known as Severe disability Premium is not paid because you look after your son. It's paid to you and/or your son depending on exactly what benefits you claim and your circumctances.
    If you're receiving either PIP daily living/DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance allowance, no one claims Carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after you.
    You must be claiming the old legacy benefits such as Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support.
    If you live with your son then you must both be in receipt of a qualifying disability benefit.
    What benefits exactly do you and your son claim please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @ali80 and welcome to the community. Thank you for reaching out today, how are you feeling about your upcoming operation?

I'm sorry you had such a long wait on the phone yesterday, these types of calls are often frustrating! I hope Poppy has helped to clarify a few things for you, and do let me know if I can  help with anything else.

Please feel free to explore the forum if you fancy, you can browse topics using our categories page or get to know our members better over in the Coffee Lounge

I hope you enjoy having a look around, and please ask if you need a hand :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya @Ali80:)

It's lovely to have you on the community.

That sounds like a tricky situation and it seems you have a lot going on at the moment.

I wish you do get your back dated payments and benefits sorted out.

Best wishes Jo           

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.