Cervical corpectomy and fusion — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cervical corpectomy and fusion

Options
Tigermoth42
Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
Hi all, apols for not having been around much recently, everything crashed in with spinal stenosis and radiculopathy being diagnosed owing to a large bridging osteophyte at c5/6 and I ended up having a corpectomy and fusion last September.

I’m still experiencing a lot of pain in my neck and back and have now been referred to the Chronic Pain Clinic. I’ve just had ct and mri scans of my entire spine and am waiting on those results. My walking is awful, I keep wobbling backwards, both arms are dead most of the time & tinnitus is driving me mad. I can’t bear to touch my shins as even the most gentle touch is excruciating and wondered if anyone has had similar experiences and could suggest some exercises that might help. I was told that I might not get back all that I’d lost prior to surgery but that the surgery was vital otherwise I would have become paralysed.

Sending love to all that are struggling to cope with chronic pain. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no need to apologise @Tigermoth42. Thank you for posting an update :) 

I'm sorry to read that things are still challenging for you, but hopefully the chronic pain clinic appointment will be helpful. 

This isn't something I've experienced, so I'm not totally sure on which exercises will be helpful, but I hope another member with some experience of this will find your post soon. Have you had an appointment with a physiotherapist at all?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Tigermoth42,
    I thought  would just briefly send you a quick "Hi" and check in with you as you haven't been on the community for two months now. You said you had an appointment with the chronic pan clinic back in May? Was this at all helpful?  Do update us and keep in touch if you feel able to.  Take care. 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.