If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Funny things your Pets do

Options
BritPuddles
BritPuddles Community member Posts: 30 Listener
So, I thought I would start a thread here to share funny stories from peoples pets.

I will start. I had my guinea pigs out on the sofa last night, all happy and playing around. Unfortunately, I needed to let some air out (putting it politely). The sound of it though sent the guinea pigs into a scared frenzy and I had to comfort them but just the reaction made me giggle. 

Comments

• Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all.

I have 2 beautifull kittens the multicoloured one is called snuggles as she is so cuddley and my second one is called mitten she is black with white paws and also has a funny white shape under her tummy so cute they love playing with their toys and also can jump really high off the ground more than my other kittens uses to when they do it next I will take a pic of them jumping.

Sparklebright63.
  • BritPuddles
    Options
    @Sparklebright63 That is so sweet. My guinea pig Chocolate is the jumper. She thinks that she can jump distances that she cant lol and then wonders why she ends up on the floor.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to have a cat who would only drink from a bowl of  water placed inside the bath. So I would hear him jumping in and out to get a drink.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great thread idea

Our family dog is pretty normal but when on a walk will pick up a stick or ball and drop it then when someone goes to pick it up he will snatch it and drop it further away. It’s as if he wants to play but doesn’t. 

Sandy_123 said:
    I used to have a cat who would only drink from a bowl of  water placed inside the bath. So I would hear him jumping in and out to get a drink.
    I’ve heard the dog drinking out of the toilet before
  • BritPuddles
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Great thread idea

Our family dog is pretty normal but when on a walk will pick up a stick or ball and drop it then when someone goes to pick it up he will snatch it and drop it further away. It’s as if he wants to play but doesn’t. 

Sandy_123 said:
    I’ve heard the dog drinking out of the toilet before
    Glad you like the thread Idea :D I know how much my animals have brought be joy so thought lets have a community of joy :D 
  • BritPuddles
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    My parents cat Prince will drink cups of tea if you left them to get cold honestly  he would stick his paw in the mug and lick his paw. My parents got smaller mugs as he originally would put his head in there. They thought that would stop him... nope he now uses his paws lol
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Eww @66Mustang.
    @BritPuddles not heard of cats liking tea, I know if we put glasses of water down, the cats would be right on to it. There proper scavengers cats are. I saw mine literally swipe a chicken drummer off my sons plate once, paw up from the floor and ran with it. Growling incase we got it off him. I never knew cats growled until I got one. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very good thread idea @BritPuddles, thank you :) 

We used to have a cat who would occasionally just sit there with his tongue out for no reason at all, not cleaning himself or drinking anything. He would also have the odd occasion where he would just start running around the house at top speed, as though he wanted to get in his daily steps, we used to call it his mad half hour. 

I'm not sure if this is common cat behaviour, I've only ever had one and not noticed these behaviours from other people's cats, and I don't watch cat videos either.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My cat is quite unique lol. He drinks his water from a glass that i put down for him on the landing. If i'm later than usual going to bed he will come downstairs and meow at me sitting in the middle of the room and stare at me until i get up and turn the light off.
    He doesn't like meat of any kind. I can leave raw or cooked me out and he won't even twinge.
    He loves fish, especially prawns. If we're having prawns and he's upstairs i'll shout up asking if anyone wants "prawnies" and he jumps off the bed and runs down stairs so fast lol, it's so funny.
    He's a siamese so loves company. If we go out and are longer than usual, when we come home he'll meow for about 5 minutes as if to say "you were gone for ages"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He loves fish, especially prawns. If we're having prawns and he's upstairs i'll shout up asking if anyone wants "prawnies" and he jumps off the bed and runs down stairs so fast lol, it's so funny.

I always enjoy those moments where you get out some fish for a cat and listen for their pounding footsteps coming down the stairs. With ours, I used to be in the kitchen and him all the way up in the attic and as soon as the tin opener pierced the metal lid of the tuna can I used to hear him leap off the bed and charge down as though it was Christmas morning. Amazing senses, they have.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I always enjoy those moments where you get out some fish for a cat and listen for their pounding footsteps coming down the stairs. With ours, I used to be in the kitchen and him all the way up in the attic and as soon as the tin opener pierced the metal lid of the tuna can I used to hear him leap off the bed and charge down as though it was Christmas morning. Amazing senses, they have.
    Haha yes indeed. That’s exactly what my cat Alfie does too with tuna. He’s by your side before the tin is open. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really enjoying this thread. Thanks everyone  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • BritPuddles
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Eww @66Mustang.
    @BritPuddles not heard of cats liking tea, I know if we put glasses of water down, the cats would be right on to it. There proper scavengers cats are. I saw mine literally swipe a chicken drummer off my sons plate once, paw up from the floor and ran with it. Growling incase we got it off him. I never knew cats growled until I got one. 
    I honestly can say I never thought of cats with tea either till I witnessed it with my own eyes. We think its because of the milk in tea. But then again prince would eat your shoe laces if you let him... not the plastic tip but the actual shoe laces 
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all,

Cats are amazing I love them to bits if I have fish & curry from the chip shop I have to save them some they luv it and same with tuna they luv that 2 they r so inquisitive want to see what uou R doing all the time.

I have bought a sunflower to paint but I don't know how successfully it will be with 2 kittys in the house.

Sparklebright63.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.