If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Change in circumstances, currently doing an MR

Options
faye_1
faye_1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I didn't see anything when I tried to do a search.

I applied for PIP and it was refused. I've requested an MR (had a text a few days ago to confirm they've received my letter). If there's a change in something I can/can't do, how do I go about updating my PIP? I don't want to start a brand new claim.

Thanks in advance
Faye

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A worsening of condition won't be taken into consideration. They will only look at how your conditions were at the time the decision was made.
    Even starting a new claim won't help at this stage because a worsening of condition must have been present for at least 3 months.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • faye_1
    Options
    Thanks poppy. So should this go to tribunal, I would have to answer/explain things as they were at the time of the initial pip application? (The change in circumstances would be over 3 months by this point).

The change is actually better for me, as I can go out a bit now. But in terms of the descriptors, it would change from 10 to 12 pts (so I see it as getting better, but I can see why it would be seen as worsening). My main concern is that I don't want to get into trouble for not being honest about the things I can do.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

faye_1 said:
    Thanks poppy. So should this go to tribunal, I would have to answer/explain things as they were at the time of the initial pip application? (The change in circumstances would be over 3 months by this point).

The change is actually better for me, as I can go out a bit now. But in terms of the descriptors, it would change from 10 to 12 pts (so I see it as getting better, but I can see why it would be seen as worsening). My main concern is that I don't want to get into trouble for not being honest about the things I can do.
    Yes, that's what you would need to do and they would be looking at how your conditions affected you at that time.
    I'm assuming by this you're talking about the mobility part, following and planning a journey 1E "cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress? which may have originally applied?
    If you're still unable to go out the majority of the time then 1E would still apply.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • faye_1
    Options
    Thank you poppy.

And yes, it was 1E originally.

Over the last 2 weeks I've been able to go out a bit. I can't do it without assistance and I'm quite limited in how far I can manage (even with help). I won't bring this up though and will leave it for now.

Once again, thank you very much for you help 🙂
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.