Son with a learning disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Son with a learning disability

Options
rosìek87
rosìek87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, my name is Rosie.. I'm not sure if this is the right place for me asking for advice etc lol my 7 year old son has recently been diagnosed with mild intellectual learning disability.. I'm just wondering if theirs any other parents that have a child with the same disability on here at all or even someone who knows alot about the disability.. xx

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You might find others in the parent and carers section or if there is learning disability section 
  • rosìek87
    Options
    I will do:) Thankyou so much xx
  • rosìek87
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Rosie.. I'm not sure if this is the right place for me asking for advice etc lol my 7 year old son has recently been diagnosed with mild intellectual learning disability.. I'm just wondering if theirs any other parents that have a child with the same disability on here at all or even someone who knows alot about the disability.. xx
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @rosiek87 welcome to our great group.
    You certainly are on the right forum,
    When your ready have a good look around I think categories would be a good one for you to look at first.
    I know there is a family group there. I'm sure you will be greeted by more of our members when they wake up ha ha.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @rosiek87 and welcome to the community.

We have many parents on the community, and a category called children, parents and families which you might find it helpful to have a look through.

How are you and your son coping with the diagnosis? It can be hard coming to terms with something when it is new but with time you learn to adapt, and I hope that you are receiving all the support you need from your son's medical team.

Scope has some family services that can act as a gateway to meeting other parents in similar situations, I'd recommend having a look through this page to find out more :) 

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.