Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

DWP phone call

Options
gedda081
gedda081 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am suffering badly with fibromyalgia and other illnesses and the majority of my time is in the home on my bed or lay on the toilet floor with IBS cramps an sickness , I had put a flame in for Pip a few months back and received a call today from DWP to ask a few more questions , due to brain fog and pain levels and feeling sick I do not remember everything while talking and I am thinking at the same time I just feel really sick and like my stomach is about to explode again , but I just wanted to answer and get the call over and done with so I can go back to toilet and back to lay down .  I don't even know if this guy is the decision maker or what's happening because I did really care at that moment and just want  know what's going on but didn't ask . What will that phone call be for ? 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Evening @gedda081

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, thanks for posting. 

I'm not certain what the call will have been for, did you receive any warning in advance about it? Do you recall whether the person was asking you for further information about your condition and how it impacts you?

Also, you mentioned quite a bit about your condition there and I just wanted to check whether you receive any support to manage on a daily basis?

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gedda081
    gedda081 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you for your message. I didn't receive notice , the guy phoned to ask a few more questions about how far I could walk on a medium day . And if there was any recent medication changes he was fro DWP so I think he was going over the Pip form I had done over the phone a few months back , as I was having quite a bad day today I don't think I went into to much detail because I just wanted to lay down again I am feeling to much pain and the migraine has made me feel sick all day .  I'm hoping that he is doing the decision but I didn't ask , the call was only a quick one . 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gedda081 thanks for explaining what happened, I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so unwell, are you any better today? 

I'm sure the process of making the decision is underway, especially after your call, they probably just needed a little bit of extra information from you to make sure they covered everything.

If you can, focus on looking after yourself and your body, and please reach out to your GP or any other support services you have access to for help if you need it. 

If you feel we can help with anything further, do let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.