My daughters art — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My daughters art

Options
bexter73
bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited May 2022 in Coffee lounge
My youngest daughter is autistic. She’s recently had some if her school art work shown in our local art gallery. So proud. She’s only 13 and suffers terribly with anxiety. Art is her therapy she says 
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    These are fantastic @bexter73 I'm really glad to hear your daughter enjoys Art so much, she's clearly got a talent for it :)

I always liked Art back in school, it was definitely a bit of stress relief compared to other lessons! I hope she continues to find it helpful too.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Brill drawings, very talented
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bexter73
    Your daughter is a wonderful talent  for art, I would pass on my congratulations to your daughter as well 
    Your daughter drawings are so beautiful and I am glorious that your local art gallery is given your daughter artwork seen by lots of people, I hope this is a springboard for further opportunities for daughter her artwork seen. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    That's great that she finds it helpful and that she is very talented at it too is just a bonus. I hope she keeps it up.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing talent @bexter73! Does she get plenty of opportunity to do art at school? 

Is she receiving enough support to help her manage her anxiety at the moment? I'm glad that art is such a positive outlet for her. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • bexter73
    bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    @Tori_Scope she’s in an alternative provision school that have massively encouraged her art and we are very lucky that they have worked with her and a therapist to help with her anxiety. She hit a very bad mental health crisis at the start of the pandemic but after a lot of baby steps she’s doing very well now. I’m so proud of her 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    These are incredible pieces of artwork @bexter73. Well done to your daughter from me too. In reality, no one buys anything from anyone on Scope's forum. However, if I saw the second one in a shop I would be tempted to buy it! 

It is wonderful what people can achieve when they are allowed and encouraged to follow their interests and passions. I am really glad to hear the alternative provision school have provided these for your daughter.

It sounds really tough that she struggles with anxiety but it sounds really positive that she has the alternative provision school practitioners and therapist supporting her along her journey. I am proud of you both! However, if either of you needs anything, please don't hesitate to give us a shout  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's fab @bexter73 :) You should definitely be proud of her, both for her amazing art, as well as how she's been working on her mental health. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wow, those pics are great, she certainly has a talent, i'm glad she finds comfort in her art
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm a great believer in that a person can have 'perceived' problems, yet can excel in certain fields; your daughter certainly shows this in her artwork. I'm sure you'll continue to encourage her. :)
  • CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    @bexter73; I’m not surprised you are so proud of her…excellent work. How lovely your daughter has this talent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.