Happy with my PIP decision and timings — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy with my PIP decision and timings

Options
SueHeath
SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
1st time of applying for any thing
Applied for PIP via telephone on 7th Feb 2022
Sent form's and evidence back via computer 13th Feb
Had my telephone assessment 21st April 2022
Carried on with my life, so as not to think to much, as my sick pay from work finishes this month.
Post came this morning, how quick was that, i have been awarded standard rate for daily living and enhanced rate for mobility rate.
Plus back pay, this will come in handy as we are going to change the bath/over head shower into a walkin one shower, to make my life easier.
What i can't understand is they have gave me this till my next assessment 2032.
I thought it would finish when i become retirement age ?

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Brilliant news @SueHeath
    PIP does continue after retirement age provided you had an award in place beforehand. 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Thanks @bg844 i am shocked about that, but then again i suppose it's only going to get worse and it will give extra funding for appliances etc.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news, well done @SueHeath :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Thanks @bg844 i am shocked about that, but then again i suppose it's only going to get worse and it will give extra funding for appliances etc.
    The good thing about getting PIP before retirement age is that you can claim mobility still even after. Attendance Allowance don’t pay that.

What other things are you thinking of treating yourself to?  :D
  • SueHeath
    Options
    bg844 said:
    SueHeath said:
    The good thing about getting PIP before retirement age is that you can claim mobility still even after. Attendance Allowance don’t pay that.

What other things are you thinking of treating yourself to?  :D
    Not sure the shower is much needed at the moment, i don't want to mention it, i am still getting used to waliing sticks, so will have to eventually get my own chair, not yet tho pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,442 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath great news 

Pip does not stop at retirement age if you  already get pip it continues which is why it states 10 year award as this is the max length you can be awarded till a new review 

You can't put a new claim in for pip if over pension age and also you can't get an increase in mobility after pension buf in your case you already have enhanced so this won't be an issue 

Really pleased it all worked out for you.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Thanks all was shocked after reading most threads about pip - i got myself ready for the challenge and seamed so quick. 
    I will say this forum has so helped me to be prepared, and go ahead with things like this, as i have said we have never had to do any thing like this before. Thank You xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done from me too @SueHeath. It is really positive to hear you had a more positive experience than you had initially anticipated.

Thanks for your positive feedback as well. I am really glad to hear we were able to help you to be prepared and go ahead with things like this.

If you need anything else, you know where you can find us all. Please don't hesitate to reach out  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Funny you should say that @L_Volunteer the part were you said "if there's anything else you can help me with" - can you come and clean my windows pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee ha ha x
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
  • shellbell20
    shellbell20 Community member Posts: 260 Pioneering
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Funny you should say that @L_Volunteer the part were you said "if there's anything else you can help me with" - can you come and clean my windows pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee ha ha x
    Great news, glad it was a positive outcome. I am also in the mindset of appealing so I understand exactly why you felt that way.  I wonder if they paid you before you received the letter as I am reading that a lot. I wonder how many days ago they might have paid you compared to you receving your letter if you understand what I mean.  Go treat yourself the worrying is over and now you can concerntate on your wellness. x

• SueHeath
    Options
    On the letter @shellbell20 it told me my back pay would be payed into my allocated bank (the day before i had the letter) ha ha 
  • danho811
    danho811 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
    Do they always tell you your payment dates and amounts if you  have been awarded on the automated line 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    danho811 said:
    Do they always tell you your payment dates and amounts if you  have been awarded on the automated line 
    I answered your question on another thread, with this reply…
    It has been known to give incorrect information so I wouldn’t rely on it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Yep @danho811 poppy is good with these things.
    My letter came through out of the blue because i was expecting it to take longer.
    I didn't do any of this chasing up etc.
  • shellbell20
    shellbell20 Community member Posts: 260 Pioneering
    Options
    danho811 said:
    I wasn't aware there was an automated line, what is it for,?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Yep @danho811 poppy is good with these things.
    My letter came through out of the blue because i was expecting it to take longer.
    I didn't do any of this chasing up etc.

Thanks. Yes, I agree that constantly ringing for updates only adds to the stress. Best thing to do is try to forget about it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    danho811 said:
    I wasn't aware there was an automated line, what is it for,?
    It’s the PIP helpline. One of the options tells you if you have a PIP payment coming up but it’s not always correct.
  • danho811
    danho811 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
    It's annoying tbh I rang back like they told me to they saying they didn't receive the report until the 13 so 3 weeks from then tell you different things all the time so poppy123456 you are right in that respect they tell you what you want to hear he said I'm on day 11 and should hear over next few days yesterday it was 24 hours I give up its causing way to much stress and anxiety on my behalf if I get it I get it I can't be bothered with the extra stress tbh also yesterday he said two weeks for a descsion now they saying 3 from day they get report mixed messages ridiculous 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.