HOSPITAL CAR PARK — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HOSPITAL CAR PARK

Options
Julless
Julless Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello,

I hope you are all well.

I would like to kindly ask If anyone had a parking fine similar to mine, and what would you advice me please.

I took my daughter who is four and half years old to Lewisham Hospital, children A&E and I left my car in the car park which is only for disabled badge holders (with displaying my badge and arrival time). Few days after I received a letter from ‘WISE PARKING, privately operated parking area) asking me to pay forty pound fine because I did not went to hospital reception and register my car. I walk with crutches and my mobility is extremely poor, I do  every thing to avoid extra step so I can have enough energy to look after my daughter who was was very unwell.

I appealed against the fine and I received immediate response saying ‘rejected’. There is no other space for different action other than paying the fine.

my arrival time to hospital is 18;44 to 21;55

Thank you for your thoughts,

Jules

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you spoke to the hospital try and get them involved ?
    @Julless hi and welcome to scope
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Julless

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us.  

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m sure you’ll find it to be a positive outlet, feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Sorry to hear about your fine, that sounds quite unfair. Was there any signage that explained that everyone, even blue badge holders, needed to go to the reception to register their car? 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did it not tell you this on the signs where you parked? Here's a link to parking rules for disabled badge holders in that hospital. https://www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk/parking/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julless
    Julless Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much @poppy123456, @Ross_Scope, @woodbine. In the past I parked the same place with no problem, the recent changes they made is not announced anywhere, if you are regular user you will not notice it. Also they put the board so high it is impossible to read, I have to revisit over the weekend and there was another disabled badge holder who was filming if people noticed the new rules. I tried to go to register this time and I found it really hard to walk all the way to main reception to register and then go outside and go all the way to children A&E. Thank you for your advice I will write to hospital and my MP. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    stat my regional hospital blue badge parking is free no time limit but you have to register your car and blue badge at hospital car park blue badge registration center. I’ve registered my blue badge to my own car and bone of my daughters cars so the camera now has the car details and I just drive in and park at one of the disabled parking spots in my own or daughters car.should my daughter have to visit the hospital herself I supposed she would not be charged for parking unless an attendant spotted no pay and display ticket.. My local hospital I just have to enter my car registration number on a screen to get free parking regardless of being a blue badge holder.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.