If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit

Options
rayrar80
rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
Can someone explain this to me please, i was on esa and sdp and was moved onto universal credit but i dont understand this, will i be losing out on 3 months worth of benefits?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Can you clarify when you switched from ESA to UC and were you in the Support Group.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In a previous thread here  https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/91395/universal-credit-is-a-joke#latest
    you said a change of circumstances prompted a move across and you were in the Support Group for ESA. If this is correct then the LCWRA element should be included from the start of your claim. The waiting period doesn’t apply to you. 
    I’d advise you to put a note on your journal and tell them you were in the Support Group when you claimed UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rayrar80
    Options
    i switched on 28/4/22 and yes i was in the support group.
  • calcotti
    edited May 2022
    Options
    In that case you need to send a message as a payment query. 

When I applied for UC on 28th April I switched from ESA and was in the Support Group. I understand therefore that the LCWRA element should be applied from the start of my UC claim. Please review the message you sent me regarding having to wait until the fourth assessment period and amend my award,

if that doesn’t work you will have to formally request a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Do you still meet the SDP conditions, if so have UC included the SDP transitional element? If so how much is it?

It wasn‘t clear from your previous thread why you had to claim UC. You said that you moved but didn’t confirm whether you had moved to the same local authority or to a different one.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:

Do you still meet the SDP conditions, if so have UC included the SDP transitional element?

If they do, they wouldn’t know yet because they haven’t had their first statement. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    edited May 2022
    Options
    calcotti said:

Do you still meet the SDP conditions, if so have UC included the SDP transitional element?

If they do, they wouldn’t know yet because they haven’t had their first statement. 
    Of course! Didn’t join the dots.
  • rayrar80
    Options
    Yes i moved home and asked about the transitional element and recieved a reply that i have to fill in a form for it at the job center, that seemed a bit odd.
  • calcotti
    edited May 2022
    Options
    rayrar80 said:
    Yes i moved home 
    You still haven’t answered the question about whether you moved within the same local authority or to a different one. I assume it was a different one.
    rayrar80 said:
    ..and asked about the transitional element and recieved a reply that i have to fill in a form for it at the job center, that seemed a bit odd.
    That does seem odd.
  • rayrar80
    Options
    No i moved to a different local authority.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Put the message on your journal as advised but you haven’t had your first statement yet, this will be due around 30th May. The LCWRA element maybe added, you will need to check to make sure. The message you had is correct that you’re not owed any money. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    rayrar80 said:
    No i moved to a different local authority.
    Thanks for confirming - just wanted to check that the advice you received about needing to claim UC was correct (which it is).
  • rayrar80
    Options
    Thanks, ive put a msg on my journal and i will wait for a reply, hopefully it's all sorted out soon, thanks for all the help 👍
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.