LCWRA back payment entitlement? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA back payment entitlement?

Options
Tracyxx20
Tracyxx20 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited May 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was hoping someone could help me please ?.
I was awarded LCWRA on 16th May 2022, my fitnote began on 13th November 2021.
my payment assessment is from 21st April to 20 May 2022.
I am not entitled to back payment. I am aware of the 3months waiting period, but I thought I was entitled to something ?.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Tracyxx20 and thanks for posting your query. To help our members share their thoughts I've edited the title of your post and moved it over into our universal credit category.

As far as I understand it LCWRA is payable from the 4th assessment period of your claim, starting from the date of your Fit Note, so they might owe you for March/April? I may have got my calculations wrong though!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying this @Alicewillow :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Tracyxx20 and thanks for posting your query. To help our members share their thoughts I've edited the title of your post and moved it over into our universal credit category.

As far as I understand it LCWRA is payable from the 4th assessment period of your claim, starting from the date of your Fit Note, so they might owe you for March/April? I may have got my calculations wrong though!

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply.
    Thats what I thought too, but they said I wasn’t entitled to back pay. It’s nightmare trying to get through. Eventually got through to UC today after 40mins wait and the person I spoke to cut me off.
  • Tracyxx20
    Options
  • Tracyxx20
    Options
    So your assessment period from October to 20th November won't be counted as your fit note was part way through it.
    November to December will be 1
    December to January will be 2
    January to February will be 3
    So you should get a payment for your 21st February to 21st March payment. 

Payments dates 28th March, 28 April backdated. If your statement for May has already been produced without LCWRA then they will owe you that too <3 

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    @Alicewillow Thankyou. LCWRA is in April to May payment, but nothing before that.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,327 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any money owed is paid separately to your usual monthly payment. It often takes them a few weeks to recalculate your statements to work out exactly how much is owed. Once this is done you’ll receive a letter onto your journal telling you how much is owed. It will then be paid into your bank. 
    As you’ve received May’s extra they will owe you for 1 month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tracyxx20
    Options
    Any money owed is paid separately to your usual monthly payment. It often takes them a few weeks to recalculate your statements to work out exactly how much is owed. Once this is done you’ll receive a letter onto your journal telling you how much is owed. It will then be paid into your bank. 
    As you’ve received May’s extra they will owe you for 1 month.

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    Sorry I made a mistake. LCWRA payment is for May to June. Will that be 2 months back pay I am owed ? @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry, my mistake. You would have already received April/May LCWRA in this months payment. May to June will be your next payment.
    This means they owe you 2 months from Feb/March, March/April. Which can take a few weeks. If after this time you haven't received a letter on your journal then put a message under payments section and ask about the money that's owed to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tracyxx20
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks. I commented in my journal today and got told to call UC regarding any queries. They also mentioned the system hasn’t generated any back pay for me.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The "system" can't just generate it. The statements need to be recalculated before they can pay what's owed to you. Once they've done this they will find out exactly how much is owed. Your current statements will then be replaced with the recalculated ones.
  • Tracyxx20
    Options
    I will wait a couple of weeks, if I haven’t heard anything through my journey I will phone them. Thankyou for your help it’s very much appreciated @poppy123456, & @Alicewillow 😊
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Keep us updated @Tracyxx20 and I hope something comes through over the next few weeks :) I'm glad the community were able to help!
    Scope

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    Keep us updated @Tracyxx20 and I hope something comes through over the next few weeks :) I'm glad the community were able to help!

• Tracyxx20
    Options
    I will keep you all updated @Alex_Scope 😊 Thankyou all for your help. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Look forward to hearing from you @Tracyxx20 with your updates. You are welcome. Help is the very least you deserve. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.