Enhanced Living + Mobility PIP and Working — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enhanced Living + Mobility PIP and Working

Options
rachelh72
rachelh72 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
edited May 2022 in Work and employment
Hi I'm of the understanding that changes in employment/new employment doesn't have to be reported to PIP but if I can manage to work a few hours a week part time which I feel might benefit me both mentally and physically how will it affect my enhanced living and enhanced mobility pip award and do I need to report this? I am under the motorbility scheme too so could I also be in danger of losing my car too? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, you don't need to report working while claiming PIP. People work and claim PIP and there shouldn't be a problem providing the work you do doesn't contradict the reasons why you're claiming PIP.
    To continue with the mobility scheme you would of course need Enhanced mobility when you're next reviewed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @rachelh72 and welcome to the community :) I'm glad to see Poppy could help answer your query.

It sounds positive that you're looking into part-time work, is it something you've been wanting to do for a while? :)

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • rachelh72
    Options
    Hi Alex thanks for the warm welcome. Yes it is. Both myself and my husband are disabled and care for each other. We both would like to explore the possibility of working for a few hours a week if possible and are trying to find out how different sinareos would affect our current benefits as obviously we don't want to find ourselves out of pocket by doing it either. My husband has being doing some volunteer work which he has enjoyed but would be nice to see a benefit monetarily too if at all possible for us both.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds great @Rachel72 I hope you both find something which works for you :)

If you'd find it useful, Scope has a number of Employment Support Services designed to support working age disabled people in finding or staying in work.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • rachelh72
    Options
    Yes thanks I did see that and I will give that a go to see what I can find out and what our options might be. Kind regards

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.