Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA back pay

Options
shu121
shu121 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
If I type what I typed into my journal and hopefully it makes sense. I’m due a back dated payment but they are trying to say that because I’ve had my claim closed it’s not eligible. 
I haven’t had my claim closed I’ve provided fit note every month since 2020 and received universal credit payment every month on the 11th. Only thing that has changed is my claim circumstances with children and ex partners etc but still every month I provided fit note. 

I have in may 2022 been awarded LCWRA. I have handed in fit notes continuously since 2020 and had a payment every month on the 11th since then without miss. 
My first fit note handed in on the system is in December 2020. I believe that I made universal credit aware of my health condition before this and due to national lockdown I didn’t require a health note as no appointments was necessary. 
I have never been off universal credit since then, I have only changed circumstances like gone from a couple to single etc but always received universal credit payments and every month  have given in fit notes when needed. Therefore my claim has never closed only adjusted. 
I have been entitled to extra pay in all these payments since 2020 and haven’t received it, therefore I’m entitled to the back pay since it says in the awards letter ‘the first time I handed in a fit note’. Given this situation this would have been summer 2020 but as mentioned previously because of lockdown the first couple of fit notes weren’t needed which I was told by univerisal credit and the first fit note provided was in December 2020. 
This has been confirmed by my local job centre in Littlehampton and on the universal  credit helpline. 
My case manager somehow thinks that it doesn’t apply to me because I’ve had a claim closed. Which I haven’t, I’ve had universal credit payments every month on the 11th since 2020. The only thing that’s changed in my claim is my circumstances but nevertheless I’ve still provided fit notes every month since 2020 and received payments every month 11th which you can check on your system. 

I believe I’m entitled to the back pay from summer 2020 or very least December 2020 when the actual first fit note was given. My claims never been closed so that’s ridiculous to be told that, especially given all these days I should have been given the extra health pay I’ve been entitled to. 

Comments

• shu121
    shu121 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    hopefully this is easier to read:

have in may 2022 been awarded LCWRA. I have handed in fit notes continuously since 2020 and had a payment every month on the 11th since then without miss. 

My first fit note handed in on the system is in December 2020. I believe that I made universal credit aware of my health condition before this and due to national lockdown I didn’t require a health note as no appointments was necessary. 

I have never been off universal credit since then, I have only changed circumstances like gone from a couple to single etc but always received universal credit payments and every month  have given in fit notes when needed. Therefore my claim has never closed only adjusted. 

I have been entitled to extra pay in all these payments since 2020 and haven’t received it, therefore I’m entitled to the back pay since it says in the awards letter ‘the first time I handed in a fit note’. Given this situation this would have been summer 2020 but as mentioned previously because of lockdown the first couple of fit notes weren’t needed which I was told by univerisal credit and the first fit note provided was in December 2020. 

This has been confirmed by my local job centre in Littlehampton and on the universal  credit helpline. 

My case manager somehow thinks that it doesn’t apply to me because I’ve had a claim closed. Which I haven’t, I’ve had universal credit payments every month on the 11th since 2020. The only thing that’s changed in my claim is my circumstances but nevertheless I’ve still provided fit notes every month since 2020 and received payments every month 11th which you can check on your system. 

I believe I’m entitled to the back pay from summer 2020 or very least December 2020 when the actual first fit note was given. My claims never been closed so that’s ridiculous to be told that, especially given all these days I should have been given the extra health pay I’ve been entitled to. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shu121 I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your case manager, particularly as you've been advised differently by your local job centre and the UC Helpline. 

I'm not certain, but it may be possible to request a mandatory reconsideration, to challenge the decision made by your case manager. Have you enquired about whether you can be assigned a new case manager? 

It might also be worth looking into some professional advice, a good place to search is Advice Local.

Let us know if we can help any further, and keep us up to date with what goes on, I hope you can get this resolved soon :)

Alex 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.