Hi, my name is robertconnor! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is robertconnor!

Options
robertconnor
robertconnor Community member Posts: 11 Listener
hello everyone

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Welcome to the community @robertconnor :) Thank you for joining! How are you doing this morning?

Would you like to start us off by telling us a little bit about yourself, or why you've joined the community?

As teddybear12 has said, our recent discussions and categories pages are a great place to start.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • robertconnor
    Options
    Hi Teddi bear, the main reason I have joined is to get advice and help, I recently retired and had to apply for help with my rent and council tax, and wanted to know if they took my disabled wife's pip into the equation and our goverment pensions
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Teddi bear, the main reason I have joined is to get advice and help, I recently retired and had to apply for help with my rent and council tax, and wanted to know if they took my disabled wife's pip into the equation and our goverment pensions

PIP isn't included but your State Pension is. If your wife's PIP includes daily living part then you can claim Carers allowance, if you look after her for at least 35 hours per week.
    If your state pension is more than £69.70 per week, you won't receive any payment but you'll have an underlying entitlement to it, which could mean you'll be entitled to pension credit (depending on circumstances) even if you receive £1 of pension credit per week, this will automatically entitle you to full housing benefit and council tax reduction.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robertconnor
    Options
    Hello Poppy, thank you for your advice it is very much appreciated, I get the full pension where as my wife gets the lower one, and yes my wife's PIP does include the daily living allowance, and yes I now look after her full time now, we have very little savings but I do get a small army pension  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your Army pension will be taken into consideration when calculating entitlement to Pension Credit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robertconnor
    Options
    Hi Poppy, I tried to apply for pension credit and was knocked back, so now I have applied for carers allowance, as you say I will not get it but will be logged as my wife's carer, the benefits people have given me a grand total of 56 pence a week to help with my rent and council tax which was so nice of them, hence all the questions to get help, again thank you for your advice and help

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.