Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP payment schedule

Options
FireTiger
FireTiger Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hey all,

Is there anywhere that I can review my PIP payment schedule online?

I expected to see it in addition to my Universal Credit payment on the .gov website but its not in the upcoming "payments" section.

I have already received back-payment but have not yet received an official 4-weekly payment schedule for PIP.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Your PIP will not show on your uc account they are completely separate 

You cannot view pip payments online your award letter will detail you'd payment schedule it is paid 4 weekly in arrears 
  • FireTiger
    Options
    Hi Janer,

Thank you for the welcome and swift response.

The award letter does list the weekly award amount but doesn't specify which day of the month it will be transacted.

I will just keep checking my bank account and wait for the "surprise".

Warm wishes and thanks again.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,057 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The award letter will tell you exactly what award you have and the weekly amounts. You simply times those amounts by 4 to get the 4 weekly amount.
    The letter should also tell you which day of the week you will receive your money. The backdated money you received will be up until a certain date and your first payment will be 4 weeks after this. 
    Please have a closer look at the award letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FireTiger
    Options
    You are absolutely right, Poppy and appreciated much!

I have had an even closer look and the letter does state that the backdated award would be paid on the 3rd May so 4 weeks from then is 3rd June. Whoop, whoop!

• poppy123456
    Options
    That doesn’t sound correct to me. It’s paid every 4 weeks on the same day of the week. 4 weeks from 3rd May would be 31st May. Seems like your payment day will be Tuesdays. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • FireTiger
    Options
    I did a swift mental calculation on a month to month basis rather than 4-weekly despite writing 4-weekly, doh!

Thanks, I'll update this thread when it does come through.

Night, night.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for an online way of managing it at some point in the near future @FireTiger :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Going forward if you want to keep track of the payments, just mark it on the calendar. So when you get the next payment which we seem to think should be tomorrow, mark every 4 weeks from then. 
  • FireTiger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Absolutely, @Ross_Scope

Thank you for your support, @MarkM88.

The PIP payment has still not come through, although, I did receive my Universal Credit payment today which is not normally due until the 3rd (due to the upcoming Jubilee days).

So now I am even more perplexed and unsure when I will receive the official schedule of payments from PIP. I will have to give them a call on Monday.

Happy Long Weekend! (when it starts) :smiley:
  • bexter73
    bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    @FireTiger if you ring the automated pip number and go through the security questions, it should then give you the date of your next payment. Well it did for me anyway lol 
  • FireTiger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thank you @bexter73, I am unsure as to why I didn't think of calling them today as an option. Again, doh! :blush: I had the bank holidays on my mind so thanks for the prompt.

I called and the automated voice said I will be paid on 21st June.

Thanks again, much appreciated :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Options
    FireTiger said:

I called and the automated voice said I will be paid on 21st June.

Something isn't right there. Your decision letter will tell you exactly what date the money owed to you was paid from and to. You just work out 4 weeks from this date. It will also tell you the day of the week which your payment will be.
  • FireTiger
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456

The letter states I will be paid every 4 weeks in arrears on a Tuesday following the backdated payment paid on 3rd May. So from that, and what you have implied, I should have been paid Tuesday 31st May?

I guess it will be Monday that I officially call them then, unless they are open tomorrow.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Based on that information then yes it should have been paid on 31st May. They are not open now until Monday and 9am.
  • FireTiger
    Options
    Happy New Week!

I called PIP and they said I was paid on 24th May. I checked my account and what do you know, it was there. Complete and utter oversight on my part - apologies.

Thanks again for the support all.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,957 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Totally something I would do!! 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.