How long for WCA decision?

Options
Kakashi1
Kakashi1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2022 in Benefits and income
Hi 

I had my work capability assessment early last month. They sent the report to the DWP immediately. I have been told by Universal Credit that they are not sure when a decision will be made. 

On average, how long do these things take?
I first submitted the disability form in early October but had my assessment in April. 

I am finding the wait incredibly stressful. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Options
    Hello @Kakashi1

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us :) 

Sorry to hear that you are finding the process to be quite stressful, hopefully you do hear back about it soon and get the outcome you're hoping for. It would be hard for us to say how long it will take as most processes with the DWP have been taking longer lately. 

I hope to see you getting involved more around the community. This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,276 Championing
    Options
    It can be anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer.