Industrial injury disability benefit knee arthritis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial injury disability benefit knee arthritis

ITSALLLIES
ITSALLLIES Community member Posts: 38 Connected
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Partially related to pre existing.? What are the calculations in determining the extent of the pre existing condition.
How are the percentages calculated in regard to injuries sustained alongside osteoarthritis in the knee in pd14.
I understand instability giving way is also a part of the equation.
Is pain from overuse included.
Do they look at joint space narrowing as a pre cursor for pre existant condition percatages. Prior to injuries I walked often in excess of 10k steps per day afterwards I could not do 2k steps per day due to severe exacerbations of pain needing upto 4 days rest.
Several Degenerative meniscal tears identified but personally I feel the degenerative tears occured as a consequence of the injuries and or instability and worsening following few months. Medical negligence is also at play here due to miss reporting of injuries from GP & a&E visits. Also severe sleep apnea and problems reporting everything due to memory problems beginning after the injurys and I also developed apparently fibromyalgia.

Thank you excuse my English I left school 4 years early. And I'm a Geordie so English is not my native tongue.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.