Introduction, finding it hard to find work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction, finding it hard to find work

Options
sammyp7146
sammyp7146 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited June 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Im 17 dyslexic and asthmatic find it hard to find any work if anyone can help please do I’ve also got anxiety and depression and have been through my ups and downs through the years I am here to try and gain help for all that can be given for me 
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sammyp7146 what interests do you have or types of job do you hope to have? 
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    I suffer with asthma and dyslexia it’s challenging for my to learn and I am seeking help to find a stay at home job because of pasted events makes my panic and I don’t like leaving the house after my adult last year 
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    Well I am hoping just to find something as maybe to do with art or start my own business for photography but I need just a stay at home job to get money to get what I need before I think about doing my dream of being a photographer 
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    I need something that will help me with money as all I have is money from college and I was told that scope can help find me a job and help with my anxiety and depression too and I would love for some help on ably stay at home flexible hours

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @sammyp7146 and welcome to the community, thanks for joining and explaining a little bit about yourself :)

I can see you've already posted in our Work and Employment category, so please do take a look at the resources I've linked there, as they might be useful for you. 
    I am hoping just to find something as maybe to do with art or start my own business for photography
    This sounds fantastic, have you spoken to anyone at your college about working within that field, or about working self-employed, or starting a business? 

Scope has advice about starting a business as well as the pros and cons of working self-employed, and how this can affect your benefits, if you receive any. 

Just so that I understand more fully, can you explain what you mean here, when you say:
    I am seeking help to find a stay at home job because of pasted events makes my panic and I don’t like leaving the house after my adult last year 
    Do you feel like you're getting enough support for your conditions at the moment? Are these feelings something you've spoken about with your GP?

Let us know if you feel we can help further with anything. I've also merged both your introduction posts into one, so that it's easier for our members to find it, and to chat with you :smile:

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    Thanks I will now 
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    I hate mentioned I want to be a photographer but they just said go with it if I want to do it 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree @sammyp7146. Following your interests is really important! 

Are there any particular barriers you are facing at the moment? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • sammyp7146
    Options
    Having issues just finding work no one will take me because I have no experience and I would prefer at home jobs 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What sort of work would you be able to do 

Have a look in employment section you might be interested in the job support programme 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.