Hi, my name is maharg! The PIP form is daunting

Options
maharg
maharg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The pip form is daunting. Do I describe better days or bad days?More bad days than good now. Thanks 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,022 Championing
    Options
    both, describe it all, explain how many good days and how many bad and what the good days mean. So for my good days I really suffer so even though I'm able to do more things are worse afterwards. Be honest and tell about all the days and what you are like the majority of the time is most important <3
    It's very daunting. Take your time doing it and give lots of detail!! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,295 Championing
    Options
    Yes, it's very daunting for a lot of people. You need to explain all of your days, not just the bad or good. You should give at least 2 real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    Remember PIP is about how you're affected at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,649 Championing
    Options
    Hello @maharg

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well :) Sorry to hear that you have found the PIP form daunting, though I believe that it is a common feeling especially when encountering it for the first time. I remember feeling quite daunted myself by it when I first received it in the post. Then again, it probably didn't help that it was an extremely thick booklet due to it being a large print version, if anything that made it seem even more daunting.

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.made it more daunting.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,200 Championing
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @maharg -& welcome to the community. As above, PIP is how you are the majority of days with regard to the PIP activities/descriptors, which can be seen here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
    It's also important to take on board the concept of 'reliability,' which is mentioned at the end of the above link, i.e. whether you can attempt/do any applicable activity:
    safely, in a manner unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person, either during or after completion of the activity, and
    • to an acceptable standard, given the nature of the activity, and

repeatedly – as often as the activity is reasonably required to be completed, and

• in a reasonable time period – this is no more than twice as long as it would
    normally take someone without a physical or mental condition to complete the activity.'
  • maharg
    maharg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
     thanks 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Even if you explained in detail what a "good" day looks like for you? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    Even if you explained in detail what a "good" day looks like for you? 
    There are days when you are affected more and days when you are affected less. 'Good' and 'bad' are too easily misunderstood.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I get what you mean thanks @calcotti. I used good and bad days on mine and it wasn't a problem and succeeded at paper based but I can see why it could cause some confusion or someone make wrong assumption.