Hi, my name iE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name iE

Options
ethom
ethom Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have suffered severe anxiety attacks for 30 yrs I have RA osteo arthritis and surgery for cancer.i applied for pip and got 7 points.0 for anxiety because I sounded fine on the day. Because I knew what the assessor was saying.I have appealed but don't have much hope of succeeding.if you have never had a panic attack how can you be judged on an hours phone call

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Pip is about how your condition affects you the majority of time against the descriptors so if you don't have the panic attacks on majority of days and if they don't affect your ability to perform the tasks the majority of the time then you won't score points for this 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ethom :) I can see that you've been finding your way around already, which is great to see! I'm glad you've joined us. 

I can imagine that'd be tough. Are you at the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) stage? 

I'm also sorry to hear that you experience anxiety and panic attacks. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage this at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.