In person meets — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In person meets

Options
hannahsb89
hannahsb89 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi you lovely bunch. Have any of you that have met on here actually met in person? Is there a meet up page on here at all? I'd love to find someone to grab a coffee with or do an activity with x

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @hannahsb89. We tend to focus on building and maintaining interactions on the forum rather than taking them offline to keep you and all of our other community members safe.

However, there is a Coffee Lounge area of the forum. You might find this particularly interesting as it includes general conversation. Quite often there are games too.

Are offline interactions particularly important to you? If so, I would encourage you to see what's on in your local area for meeting people  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Some members have formed friendship and meet up but scope doesn't facilitate this 

As personal info isn't permitted on the site fir public view any exchange of phone numbers etc can only be done through private message 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,297 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've been friends with another member here for more than 2 years. We did exchange email addresses quite sometime ago and then phone numbers but this was only because we knew a lot about each other and we both trusted each other. You do have to be very very careful who you give personal information to.
    We met last year in a shopping centre very close to where i live. I brought my daughter and she brought her son and daughter in law. We had a lovely time together, had a couple of coffees and lunch also.
    We continue to have contact by phone usually once a week and i'm hoping to visit her sometime this summer. She's a really lovely person and i very much value her friendship!
    All of this was arranged outside of scope.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, it was absolutely lovely to meet Poppy, who can't remember it was February this year, but it does seem a while ago now!
    She's very kind & thoughtful, & it really was a pleasure to meet her & her daughter; she's just as lovely as I thought she would be, & a very dear friend. I'm looking forward to seeing them both again in the summer once I have some decking again, & we have somewhere to sit outside, if we can also arrange some sunshine. :)
  • hannahsb89
    hannahsb89 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    That's lovely! I hope you can both meet up time and time again and each time it's beautiful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,297 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Yes, it was absolutely lovely to meet Poppy, who can't remember it was February this year, but it does seem a while ago now!

Oops was it really? It does seem so much longer than that. My daughter keeps asking when we are going down to see you. She really did like you and she doesn't take to many people. Gosh, my brain sometimes haha.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.