Is there a max amount of weeks I can claim ESA for? Could my PIP review have affected my ESA claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there a max amount of weeks I can claim ESA for? Could my PIP review have affected my ESA claim?

littleminx72
littleminx72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello my name is Lesley, I'm currently registered disabled after suffering a couple of strokes and my partner used to help me with my bills and managing my finances, he passed away a short time ago and I have just looked at my bank statements and noticed that the dwp haven't paid my esa into my account since the 10th of Feb and I was wondering if there is a max amount of weeks that I can claim for? I recently had my pip review and was wondering if this would have affected my esa payment being made 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Sorry for your loss. 10th February was quite sometime ago as we are now in June. 
    There could be many different reasons why your ESA hasn’t been paid. I think you will need to ring them to ask why it stopped.  They should have sent you a letter. 
    As an after thought, were you the main claimant of the ESA claim or was it your partner? Were you claiming ESA a couple? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @littleminx72 and welcome to the community, I'm sorry for your loss. If you are struggling or feel you need any help, then I'd encourage you to reach out to Cruse, who can guide and support you.

I hope Poppy's reply has been helpful for you, do keep us up to date with how things go regarding your ESA, and let us know if we can help support you with anything else in the meantime.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Littleminx72 :) I'm also sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure that must be difficult to deal with, especially on top of trying to manage your finances.

If you need some support managing your energy bills, you could check out our Disability Energy Support service
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.