PIP MAKING MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION - NEED HELP !!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MAKING MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION - NEED HELP !!!

Options
manfromthenorth
manfromthenorth Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need help with this. I’ve got M.E and fibromyalgia. I’ve had it for most of my life. Only recently diagnosed by GP. It’s debilitating and makes most days awful and very very limiting. 

Could anyone who knows M.E. suggest any specific holes/inconsistencies in this report that I could challenge ? (From your understanding of how M.E. and fibromyalgia affects people. ) Particularly the ‘no evidence of cognitive impairment, memory, poor concentration, etc’ during the assessment. 

I’m very stressed and exhausted by this and I can’t think very clearly. CAB and other organisations are too busy/booked up. 

Thanks,

Ron

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The best advice anyone can give is to put the report/decision letter away and forget about them because those will not get you a PIP award. A lot of what's writen in there is standard copy and paste reasons.
    What you need to do is put the request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    Adding a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activitiy for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    As PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, asking someone else who has the same condition isn't going to help you because we are all affected differently by these conditions. One of my conditions is fibro but the way i'm affected could be completely different to you and vise versa.
    For further expert advice start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • manfromthenorth
    Options
    @Username_removed @poppy123456

I speak to doctor tomorrow re a letter that they’ll write. 

Any advice for what to say? Just ask them to focus on me managing the tasks relating to the descriptors/points I felt were under-counted?

Im going to get a friend who has witnessed me in different contexts too. And also my medication list, diagnosis letters, reports of other conditions (which affect me- eg. Dyslexia) patient history, list of aids/where I need aids, 
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 240 Pioneering
    Options
    There is one very crazy decision by DWP I saw few years back.  The DM needs putting behind bars. She wrote;  "you said you have no leg but I decide you can move with your hands".
    Funny if not true.
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Username_removed @poppy123456

I speak to doctor tomorrow re a letter that they’ll write. 
    A letter from your doctor is not likely to help much (if at all). Your diagnosis is unlikely to be in dispute and your GP does not see you at home when you are trying to carry out the tasks that PIP looks at. A GP is also likely to change you for writing a letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • manfromthenorth
    Options
    @calcotti Right, well thanks, now I feel totally and utterly hopeless with this whole thing. Yes I’ve already paid £35 for it…. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The only person that really knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. Concentrate on those real world incidents that were advised above.
    As you've already paid for the letter then there's nothing you can do about that now so you may as well send it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.