pip mental health. does anyone know how to get a report on how you got the points you got? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip mental health. does anyone know how to get a report on how you got the points you got?

Options
penpo
penpo Community member Posts: 59 Listener
edited June 2022 in Transport and travel
hi does anyone know how to get a report on how you got the points you got giving you pip please

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ring PIP and ask for it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community. 
    How are you?
    I got my PIP report alongside my award letter, which showed what points I got for each section. However, you can ask the Department of Work and Pensions for your report. 
    I hope this helps. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• penpo
    Options
    wow you are a star, we had to appeal originally and had a phone court hearing and i only remember a letter stating they had over ruled the assessment decision, but i don't think they looked at his mental health at the time as he has extreme OCD anxiety paranoia depression diagnosed mild schizophrenia depression adhd and dyslexic , but not sure if i should contact as apparently they may well stop his pip and do a new assessment do you have any info that could help me please, he also has Atrial Fibralation, diabetes chronic kidney disease 3 stents in his heart asthma arthritis repetitive gout angina high blood pressure high cholesterol  irregular heart beat and various other conditions but only got the standard rate???
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    PIP is assessed and given based on how the disabilities affect day to day life and their mobility, not on diagnosis. The award is based on how many points are scored. I haven’t heard of the DWP reassessing based on asking for your report. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• penpo
    Options
    brilliant thank you will ring them tomorrow. thank you so much poppy.
  • penpo
    Options
    fantastic service with PIP thank you poppy hopefully it will all be sorted now.  does anyone know how come england are the only ones who aren't getting any extra financial help if they are full time carers for relatives, so cannot work when it saves millions for the government for people who need help to stay in their own home
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear you received a fantastic service with PIP @penpo. Please feel free to let us know how you get on.

Wishing you the best of luck with this. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I do hear your frustration!

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge in this area will be able to answer your question soon. In the meantime, I just wanted to respond to let you know we hear you and are here for you.

If we can do anything else to help or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • calcotti
    Options
    penpo said:..does anyone know how come england are the only ones who aren't getting any extra financial help if they are full time carers for relatives, ..
    We will keep electing Tories to govern us ..
    Lots of differences between England and other parts of our 'United' Kingdom. Prescription charges in England, different ages for elderly person bus pass are two examples taht spring to mind.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How does this make you feel calcotti? 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • calcotti
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It doesn't matter how it makes me feel, just pointing out that there are differences (many) between the different administrations. (If I expressed my views about the governance of this country and the rabble that purport to run it I would be banned from the forum for the language used!)
  • penpo
    Options
    hopefully england will follow suit although i find it doubtful unfortunately.  i do find it odd though why have one rule for the english then another for the scottish welsh etc i thought we were a united front (or is that just wishful thinking on my part)
  • calcotti
    Options
    penpo said:
    hopefully england will follow suit although i find it doubtful unfortunately.  i do find it odd though why have one rule for the english then another for the scottish welsh etc i thought we were a united front (or is that just wishful thinking on my part)
    It’s the result of devolution. There are also differences between local authorities within England - for example each can make its own rules for Council Tax Reduction such that on one side of a road someone might get all of their Council Tax paid for them while on the other side someone in similar circumstances might not be eligible.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    calcotti said:
    It doesn't matter how it makes me feel, just pointing out that there are differences (many) between the different administrations. (If I expressed my views about the governance of this country and the rabble that purport to run it I would be banned from the forum for the language used!)
    I'd very much like to read that! :D
    edit to add: your views on the governance, not you being banned!! In case that was unclear
  • penpo
    Options
    Hi at last after 30 weeks my tribunal by phone is on the 25th May I have a representative that is on my appointee list that is a welfare benefit advisor that will be present to support me as last time for my MR they said I was slightly distressed & twisted things I said. My gp has sent them a letter supporting my claim especially with my depression/anxiety/face to face/spondylosis/brachioradial pruritus & leaving the house problems I have with a few other conditions will me having my representative be seen as a hindrance & the fact I am my partners carer but does NOT include physical care unless he has a bout of gout & I have to help him with socks/trousers please let me know what you think x
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    penpo said:
    Hi at last after 30 weeks my tribunal by phone is on the 25th May I have a representative that is on my appointee list that is a welfare benefit advisor that will be present to support me as last time for my MR they said I was slightly distressed & twisted things I said. My gp has sent them a letter supporting my claim especially with my depression/anxiety/face to face/spondylosis/brachioradial pruritus & leaving the house problems I have with a few other conditions will me having my representative be seen as a hindrance & the fact I am my partners carer but does NOT include physical care unless he has a bout of gout & I have to help him with socks/trousers please let me know what you think x
    I think that you will find that the Tribunal will want to hear from you about your difficulties, what descriptors are appropriate and the points you think that you should be awarded. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    penpo said:

There's a big difference between an appointee and a representative. An appointee is someone that manages your benefits claim on your behalf, which should be officially approved by DWP. They can speak on your behalf at a Tribunal.

A rep is someone that represents you at a Tribunal and helps you prepare for the hearing. They can't speak on your behalf at your Tribunal and you will be expected to answer the questions in your own words. The panel will be familiar with reps at hearings.

People do claim carers allowance as well as a disability benefit but there could be issues if your caring duties go against the reasons why you're claiming PIP.

Good luck for the hearing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • penpo
    Options
    Hi due to my partners continuous ill health & mental health issues, it affects my depression etc, as said I do no physical care for him it is just hard with his ocd/paranoia/anxiety/ depression/mild schizophrenia that obviously takes its toll on me, I have been on antidepressants for a few years now for other reasons, & my spondylosis sciatica again have had for a number of years, so none of my conditions can be associated to my care for my partner. I think I got the lady's position from the benefit charity but I signed a document giving authority to support me on my claim where she sent a detailed report photos etc to dwp whilst waiting for the appeal date.  I am just nervous as I tend to break down/panic attack when having to discuss me to people, I don't leave the house bar having to drop my partner off to hospital for appointments. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's understandable that you're nervous @penpo and it's good to hear that you've got support. I'm sure you'd be entitled to ask for breaks if you need them.

We wish you all the best for your tribunal, and keep us updated when you can. Please reach out if we can help support you further.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • penpo
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.