PIP letter "we have all the information we need. We will write to you with our decision" — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP letter "we have all the information we need. We will write to you with our decision"

Options
Ilove2crochet
Ilove2crochet Community member Posts: 20 Connected
I applied for PIP in April. I received a letter from then saying whats in the title. Does this mean that I do not need to have an assessment? I'm applying due to hearing loss and when I spoke to my audiologist, he said that PIP will ask them for the medical evidence and information and of course, they will send it over to them... is that sufficient enough? If you had the same thing, what was the outcome? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will have had a paper based assesment, which has been extremely quick. Decision timescales from now will be 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    You will have had a paper based assesment, which has been extremely quick. Decision timescales from now will be 2-12 weeks.
    What is a paper based assessment? Sorry I am completely clueless as this is the first time I've applied for PIP. Do they do paper based for everyone now or maybe they only did it because my hearing loss would make it difficult to have a f2f assessment?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What is a paper based assessment? 
    It means that the assessor writes their report based on the paperwork available to them and doesn't have an assessment meeting with the claimant. It’s unusual but does happen.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    calcotti said:
    What is a paper based assessment? 
    It means that the assessor writes their report based on the paperwork available to them and doesn't have an assessment meeting with the claimant. It’s unusual but does happen.
    OK thank you for your reply. I have a bad feeling that I will not be awarded anything though :(
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd say it's unusual not to be awarded anything when having a paper based assessment because if they don't have enough evidence to award something I believe they'd have to then do an assessment with you. It doesn't mean you'll get both elements or the higher rates though. 
    Good luck and hope decision doesn't take too long!
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I have received a text message from DWP saying I have been awarded PIP. I was honestly expecting to be turned down and was preparing myself to appeal it. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Good news. Which is what i expected as it was a paper based assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    Good news. Which is what i expected as it was a paper based assessment.
    I'm very pleased that I didn't have to go to a f2f assessment as I have social anxiety as well as being hard of hearing. Will they backdate the payment from the day I made a claim?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Providing you were transferring from DLA your PIP will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim. Assuming you've had the conditions for at least 3 months.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    Providing you were transferring from DLA your PIP will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim. Assuming you've had the conditions for at least 3 months.
    No, PIP is my first claim. I've never claimed for DLA or any other benefits before.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, PIP is my first claim. I've never claimed for DLA or any other benefits before.
    I think there was a typo in poppy's reply and she meant to say "Providing you were not transferring from DLA your PIP will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim".
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I think there was a typo in poppy's reply and she meant to say "Providing you were not transferring from DLA your PIP will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim".

Yes, i did mean that, thanks calcotti. Unfortunately, it's too late to edit my comment now.
  • Ilove2crochet
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi again. Sorry I hope I'm not bothering anyone too much. I called PIP using option 6 as someone on here suggested so I didn't have to talk to anyone, my husband listened to it for me and it said I am being paid x amount (I am guessing backdated)and it will be paid on 14th April. What does that mean because April has been and gone.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi again. Sorry I hope I'm not bothering anyone too much. I called PIP using option 6 as someone on here suggested so I didn't have to talk to anyone, my husband listened to it for me and it said I am being paid x amount (I am guessing backdated)and it will be paid on 14th April. What does that mean because April has been and gone.

That sounds like an error in the message which can happen. Personally i wouldn't take too much notice of this new automated message.
    If successfully awarded payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options

That sounds like an error in the message which can happen. Personally i wouldn't take too much notice of this new automated message.
    If successfully awarded payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter.
    Thank you. Sorry I know I sound very impatient, I just get worried that maybe the text message and everything else is a mistake on their part. I'm sure it isn't but just my anxiety feeding me again. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not impatient @Ilove2crochet, just concerned. These things can just make us seem impatient. Hopefully, the wait will go fast for you.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you through this waiting period. It can provoke anxiety, as you said  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    Thank you all again for your help and just being supportive. I am so pleased to have found this forum and made to feel so welcome :) update, the backdated pay has just gone into my account! Now just have to wait for the decision letter and see what I've been awarded.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the update @Ilove2crochet :) How are you feeling about it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats great news @Ilove2crochet it's great to hear success news, thanks for sharing.
  • Ilove2crochet
    Options
    Thank you for the update @Ilove2crochet :) How are you feeling about it? 
    I feel good about it really because I wasn't expecting to get it despite being encouraged to do so. On the other hand I feel for those who have to fight for it. I was getting stressed even thinking about it so I can't imagine what it must be like for those who genuinely need it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.