Hi, my name is msna!

msna
msna Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just diagnosed with PPS. Had polio when I was 1 year old.  (69 now). Just want to share things with people going through the same thing

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,783 Championing
    Hi @msna welcome to the forum,  thanks for sharing a little about yourself. I don't have your condition but some others may do here, who may reply.  I've put a link for you to look at, you may of read it before, but might be worth a look.

https://www.britishpolio.org.uk/
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Welcome to our great group @msna
    When your ready have a look around the site, you can join in any of the chats or ask your own question.
    I hope your well today.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @msna :) 

You'd be welcome to post about your experience of living with post-polio syndrome (PPS). Getting a new diagnosis can bring about some mixed feelings- how have you been doing since you found out you have PPS?
  • msna
    msna Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Tori, thanks for the welcome.  I had my diagnosis on Friday and have felt upset since then. Although we all want a diagnosis, when it comes it does seem to hit hard.  For the last 15 years my left side has become weaker and weaker, I thought I was going crazy but deep down I thought it was from the polio I had when I was younger. Sadly we do not have family member who are alive to tell me exactly what happened to me. I am so glad I found this forum and will welcome any support it can offer. Once again, thanks for the welcome
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    I think it's quite normal to feel that way after receiving a new diagnosis @msna, even if you did suspect it. 

Of course, we're here to support you whenever you need :) Many of our members have experience of receiving a new diagnosis, so you're in the right place.