Had a phone assessment on Friday morning, so it may be another 10 weeks before I hear anything — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a phone assessment on Friday morning, so it may be another 10 weeks before I hear anything

Options
andysimpson2
andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 😁. New to all this. Had a phone assessment on Friday morning so it maybe another ten weeks before I hear anything about my pip claim 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck!! How was the assessment? Waiting is the hard part I think
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @andysimpson2 :) How did your assessment go? 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and tweaked the title so that it'll be easier for other members to find. You can see our other categories of discussion on the categories page. I look forward to seeing you around!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After noon @andysimpson2 welcome to our great group - it's the waiting game now i'm afraid so try and keep your mind distracted so the time goes quicker.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your lovely replies. The assessment seemed to be really positive but you can never tell. The person doing the assessment doesn’t make the decision so who knows. 
    What happens now?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    andysimpson2 said: What happens now?
    The assessment report goes to DWP and a Decision Maker looks at all the evidence and makes a decision. Usually the Decision Maker follows the report but they may not. For you there is nothing to do except wait.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Are there only 2 rates of both components of pip? If you have birth conditions do they award any pip for a reasonable period? I’m 51 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes just 2 rates for both components, I don't know the other question though I'm afraid
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The maximum PIP award is an ‘ongoing’ award which means it will be reviewed after 10 years.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    as a follow on question, do they inform me when they have my report or will the next thing i hear be the decision which ever way?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you put a mobile number down when filling out the form then yes, they often send a text once the report has been received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    thanks poppy, had the call friday no update in terms of the report being received yet. how long does that tend to take?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes it's returned within 24 hours of having the assessment. If there's a delay returning it then it could be in audit. If this has happened it's nothing for you to worry about, they are just checking the assessor did their job properly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Still nothing. I hope no news is good news in this case đŸ«°
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If it's in audit there's no timescales how long it will take. The decision can't be made until the report is returned.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies. I’ve had a text saying they have received my report and I should hear in 6 to 8 weeks 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for your positive feedback @andysimpson2. Our replies are the very least you deserve.

How are you feeling about having a text saying they have received your report and you should hear in 6 to 8 weeks? It sounds really positive.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything though or have any questions we might be able to answer  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    Options

then you think one month, I cannot be bothered to appeal, and just give up.

If a claimant is refused, you actually have 13 months to challenge that decision, with good reason. If DWP refuse your late request then simply take it to Tribunal.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Thanks for your positive feedback @andysimpson2. Our replies are the very least you deserve.

How are you feeling about having a text saying they have received your report and you should hear in 6 to 8 weeks? It sounds really positive.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything though or have any questions we might be able to answer  :)
    I am not sure what to expect. I will wait and see I guess. 
    Will the decision be via text too?
  • poppy123456
    Options

I am not sure what to expect. I will wait and see I guess. 
    Will the decision be via text too?

Some members are saying they've received a text to say they've been awarded and they should receive the decision letter within 2 weeks. Texts like this are quite a new thing. Though i've not heard of anyone having a test to say they've been refused, which is only natural.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Does a quick response often mean a refusal? How long is this bit likely to be?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.