Had a phone assessment on Friday morning, so it may be another 10 weeks before I hear anything - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a phone assessment on Friday morning, so it may be another 10 weeks before I hear anything

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, not at all. Decision timescales between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • martymart
    martymart Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Options
    I am new to this hope doing this right

I have applied for pip in October 2021, due to having bilateral hearing loss which results in severe to profound hearing loss. I also have Hyperacusis and tinnitus for which I see a tinnitus nurse for support, and wear hearing aid in both ears which I was given in April 2022. I also have ptsd due to how the treatment managed and suffer mental health -depression and anxiety for which I have daily medication. 
    I received the letter in February 2022 advising that I am not entitled to the pip, when calling pip I was advised that the assessment was not conducted as should be done and had to make fresh claim. I did this and on 2/6/2022 had telephone assessment which my partner took over for me due to lack of hearing as use phone on loud speaker to hear. Following this assessment I have received notification that I have recieved no points hence been declined for pip. 
    Can you offer any advice on next steps please

• poppy123456
    Options
    @martymart to constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used will likely see constant refusals. Therefore the advice to reapply was poor in my opinion.
    What you should do now is request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) which you should put in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    Add a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    The most likely outcome will be the decision will remain the same. If this happens you can then request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • martymart
    martymart Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. In the new application I did give further information along with reports from health due to the deterioration, but I have requested MDR due to been advised it is assessment from previous MDR, where in fact this is false as I have also received notification regarding the MDR stating no assessment needed! 
    This has and is increasing my anxiety
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2022
    Options
    martymart said:
    Thank you for your reply. In the new application I did give further information along with reports from health due to the deterioration, but I have requested MDR due to been advised it is assessment from previous MDR, where in fact this is false as I have also received notification regarding the MDR stating no assessment needed! 
    This has and is increasing my anxiety

When you request the MR there's no further assessment. For the MR a different decision maker looks at all the evidence again and makes another decision.
    I'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Rach1984
    Rach1984 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Waiting is awful I wish u all the luck in the world have u requested a copy of the report? Some prefer not to but I'm awful at the waiting game it helped calm my nerves as it was positive but I can understand it can cause anxiety if it goes the other way I decided to get it so if it wasn't positive I could start to sort my responce for the mandatory reconsideration but as other said to me the report is not always the only thing they use as its the dwp who make the decision not the person who u did the assesment with its only a recommendation my text to say I had been awarded pip for my hubby took 13 days from assesment this was a few days ago so fingers crossed its quick for you too xx
  • andysimpson2
    andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    well its been 2 weeks since they had my report back and still nothing. like many before me and many after no doubt, i am thinking its likely to be negative. i know posting here wont change it but we are all in this situation i guess.

have a good weekend guys :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No decision being made after 2 weeks doesn’t mean it’s a refusal. It just means no decision has been made yet. Timescales are anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    wow poppy talk about weird lol ive just literally had a text to say 'we have not yet made a decision on your pip claim. we will write to you when we have made a decision. its a shame this site doesnt have a messenger type app to chat with as your very calming. so does that mean anything other than what it says in your experience?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you, that's very kind of you! It doesn't mean anything other than no decisions been made yet. DWP have recently started sending more texts with updates, which does help some peoples anxiety, so i've heard.
  • Rin1472
    Rin1472 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    My assessment was three weeks ago now and I’ve not had any further texts apart from the one about DWP receiving the report. Mine did go through Audit though. 

I believe there is an automated line you can call but I don’t know what that is. 
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Hey guys 
    I received a text this morning ‘we have awarded you pip we have sent you a decision letter.

what does it mean?  I don’t want to think the wrong thing 

thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Good news. It means exactly what it says "you've been awarded PIP." If it's first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then any money owed will be in your bank before you receive the decision letter. It takes 3-5 working days for money to clear into your bank, from the date DWP sent it.
    The decision letter will take up to a couple of week for you to receive it. If you can't wait that long to know what the award is you can ring PIP and ask.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    thanks poppy. Is that 3 to 5 days from today or receiving the letter? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    3-5 working days from the date it's sent. If it was sent today today then hopefully by the end of the week. Decision letter usually arrives after this.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    Are there only 2 rates of each section of pip?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Are there only 2 rates of each section of pip?

Yes, standard and Enhanced for daily living and mobility. See link. https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-much-youll-get

• andysimpson2
    Options
    Thank you particularly to poppy but to everyone here who was helpful and friendly throughout 😁
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So happy for you @andysimpson2 we all love a good result, you can breath now.
  • andysimpson2
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    So happy for you @andysimpson2 we all love a good result, you can breath now.
    That’s true just have to wait and see what and how long the award is, but yes it’s a brilliant result

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.