Working on LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working on LCWRA

Options
topbanana
topbanana Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello,

I've recently been offered a simple seasonal job working for a friend, I've explained my condition to him and that I can only work so much because of benefits (LCWRA).

Here's cool with that as only a couple days a week, but he also wants to pay me a pension.

Hours will be 15 p/w
Pay will be £150
Can he also award me pension and of so how much? And can I also pay into it?

I'm trying to self help and this job could be just the thing but after fighting for months to get these benefits i don't want to do anything that will jeopardise them.

Thank you for reading and any comments or advice will be gratefully received.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no limit to the amount of hours you can work while claiming LCWRA. Once you start work you'll need to report a change of circumstances and tell them you've started working.
    You will have the work allowance which means a certain amount of earnings each month will be ignored. Earnings outside of this and your UC will reduce by 55%.
    If you claim for help with any rent then your work allowance will be £344, if you don't then it will be £573. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances
    For the pension, yes your employer can pay into this but you'll need to speak to them regarding that. Yes, you can also pay into yourself.
    Do also be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it can go against you the next time your reassessed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.