I asked for assistance on my flights. They've refused it at Gatwick, but will give it on return — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I asked for assistance on my flights. They've refused it at Gatwick, but will give it on return

Options
Tudor2122
Tudor2122 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I've booked flights on Air Norwegian Gatwick-Copenhagen. I asked for assistance as I'm disabled. They have refused it at Gatwick, though will give it on return. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    do they give a reason when they refuse? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Tudor2122 :) I'm sorry to hear that this has happened! I'd also be interested in knowing whether they've given a reason for this. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tudor2122
    Options
    No, they don't communicate directly, only with standard emails. Phone is constantly engaged.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds frustrating @Tudor2122

I've had a look on the Wilson James website (the provider of assistance at Gatwick Airport), on their contact page it says:

Airport Assistance:

For queries regarding our passengers with restricted mobility (PRM) services at Gatwick Airport and Heathrow Airport, please contact your airline directly.

When are you due to fly out? Hopefully contacting Air Norwegian will lead to better results for you! Keep us up to date, and I hope you enjoy your trip when you do go :)

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tudor2122
    Options
    It's impossible to contact Air Norwegia. Their phones are backed up (waiting time hours) and they don't read emails, just send standard links. Believe me I've tried everything. Am Now trying to out them on various websites
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tudor2122 what will you do if you can't get the help
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are here for you @Tudor2122. If there's anything we can do, please just let us know. You don't have to go through this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 746 Pioneering
    Options
    @Tudor2122 had a complete nightmare with Gatwick and another airline last night. Aircraft arrived at 0230, we got off 0345! Everybody blames everyone else - oh, and they lost an expensive wheelchair cushion.
  • Dionne_2022
    Dionne_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I have been seeing the tweets from Frank Gardner the BBC security correspondent who was stuck on a plane coming back from Geneva and the NATO conference. Brexit and the pandemic caused a lot of problems for airlines and it seems that disabled travellers are bearing the brunt of this. Maybe if so many staff working for the airlines were not furloughed there would be people to help disabled travellers. The airlines/airports can do much better than this and should be embarrassed about providing such a poor service

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.