Hello everyone my name is martin. How long does it take for PIP award review to come back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone my name is martin. How long does it take for PIP award review to come back?

Options
sambob
sambob Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm waiting for my pip award review to come back it to the assessment panel on the 16th Feb so I've been waiting about 18 weeks now. Does anyone know how long it takes as I'm starting to get anxious now I'm not getting much sleep and when I rang them they just said its still being reviewed 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Waiting times for assessment are rather long in most areas, especially for reviews. Some are waiting several months.
    I know it's stressful but there's nothing more you can do but wait. Please try to think of something else in the meantime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry it's been such an anxious wait for you @sambob. Have you tried anything to help make you feel less anxious, or sleep a bit better? I know it's never simple, but small changes can sometimes make a difference :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • sambob
    sambob Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hello tori_scope I'm on amitriptyline witch help me sleep a little and apart from that no as with everything going up its creasing me if you get what I mean and I know everyone is in the same vote I only go out twice a week to fetch my son and to take him home. Tried asking doctors for something but they don't want to know like with all doctors. I'm just scared of losing my money even though I'm only on standard rate for both.  And esa but i will be honest its never enough and I can see it coming they will stop it and then I will have to move and everything witch is something that I don't really want. Sorry for the rant but it's really hard and getting to me
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sambob. Thanks for your response.

It is positive to hear you are sleeping a little. However, it sounds tough that you are not managing to go out much, especially with everything going up. 

I can hear how you are feeling scared of your money and you don't feel your doctors want to know. Would anything, in particular, help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment?

We are all here for you, even if that is just as a listening ear  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.