Hi, my name is Steve_in_The_City! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Steve_in_The_City!

Options
Steve_in_The_City
Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
Hi Everyone. My name is Steve and I am new to the forum. I was declared disabled in 2007 with an unusual illness that is known by many handles but principally Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (mcs) and Idiopathic Environmental Intolerance (iei). In 2016 I had a serious accident that impacted my ability to walk. I go everywhere on my mobility scooter and like to be out and about - weather permitting! Here is wishing you all the best, Steve.

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
     Good morning @Steve_in_The_City! and welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. 

Would you like to tell us why you've joined, or maybe a bit about yourself?

You can have a look around the forum anytime, and use the 
    categories page to browse topics. If you'd like to chat more casually with other members you can visit the coffee lounge, where there's also some games and friendly competitions to play.

If there's a question you'd like us to answer or you need a hand with finding your way around, please just ask and we'll help as best we can 
    :) 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Steve_in_The_City :) How are you doing today? 

Have you been getting on with your mobility scooter okay? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks Sue, Teddybear & Tori for your greetings. I joined the forum as I have no disabled friends to talk with, so cannot learn from other peoples experience of being disabled.

I was asked to say a little bit about myself, so here goes:

I like music and have catholic tastes, but particularly enjoy jazz - nothing too obscure, though. I am interested in current affairs. But cooking is my passion. I experiment with recipes and am currently working on a collection of easy to prepare and cook special occasion meals. I can no longer dash around a kitchen, so I have adapted to my limitations and keep things simple; it takes forever to do anything. My kitchen is like a science lab set within an adventure playground! I have always had dogs and cats, but when my kitten Sam died at 9 months in 2019 I decided I could no longer look after animals, which is just as well really because I am not allowed to have any in the flat I recently moved to.

One last thing: Yes Tori, I have been out on my bike today. It has to rain heavily to stop me. Although I live in Central London there are plenty of green spaces to visit but I also enjoy trundling around the famous sights and people watch the tourists!

I hope I haven't bored you all to death....

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.