Assessors report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessors report

Options
goonies009
goonies009 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I have just received assessors report and had a read and as expected the report has missed off chunks regarding my difficulties in everyday tasks and seems it totals upto 7 points I have not received a decision letter yet- do I have to wait for them to send letter before challenging the report? I have medical
evidence which I gave at first stage to help support why I find certain things difficult and I know it’s not written in stone yet but the 7 points total on report really upset me. Do the decision makers go with the report 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The decision maker usually, but not always, goes with the assessor's report. You will have to wait for your decision letter which will tell you that if you wish you can appeal the decision by doing a Mandatory Reconsideration, where another decision maker will look at everything again. Such a Mandatory Reconsideration is best put in writing.
    You may benefit from getting some local advice prior to doing so. Please see: https://advicelocal.uk/
    choosing 'Welfare benefits' from the drop down menu.
  • DmRitchie
    DmRitchie Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    @chiarieds, that is helpful, as until reading your comment I hadn't compared my decision to my assessment report. I do feel some of the questions can have quite broad interpretations which can make it difficult for a claimant to answer such that the balance of probability would go in their favour.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The decision maker looks at all the evidence including your initial PIP claim & anything else you may have sent in, as well as the assessor's report, which contains recommendations only. So, there can be differences between the 2, & the points that a decision maker therefore comes to.
    I agree about the questions, which is where I feel this forum can be helpful in the advice that some others give.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.