Hi, my name is anniej9464! PIP HELP NEEDED — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is anniej9464! PIP HELP NEEDED

Options
anniej9464
anniej9464 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am new to this page :) any help I will be extremely grateful for 💖 I have crohns disease, colostomy bag for 10+ years.. since my crohns diagnosis I have been diagnosed with multiple other things (won't bore everyone with my ailments lol) anyway. Recently had my PIP assessment which was by telephone (seemed to go well) and have now received a text saying 'We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.' Has anyone else received his text and what was your outcome? Also how long until you received a decision letter? Any info would be great tia Annie :) x

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anniej9464 - & welcome to the community. This is a text that is now routinely sent, & people's outcomes for a PIP claim will vary. Altho the text says you will receive a decision in 8 weeks, this is also routinely stated, & it can unfortunately take up to 12 weeks. Hopefully you will hear sooner rather than later.
  • anniej9464
    anniej9464 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Thank you 💖 it's been going on sinice September last year when I first put a claim in and I don't think my anxiety can take much more 🙈😅 xx
  • jessica141
    jessica141 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Its just a message everyone gets :) hopefully shouldnt be waiting too much longer 
  • cupcake22
    cupcake22 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi @anniej9464 l too had the same text as you on Monday 18th July, then had another  text on Friday 29th July to say lve been awarded pip. I am yet to be paid my back pay which lve heard is 3-5 working days after payment has been made by DWP. Assuming payment was made on the day l received the award text, l technically l should be paid out on Wednesday 3rd August/Friday 5th August the latest?  :).

Decision letter apparently arrives after funds have been paid so lm no wiser to this query, but l hope it gives some insight in some way or another. Please bear in mind though, lve heard It varies from region to region of the speed of decisions to actual payments x 
  • apples
    apples Community member Posts: 236 Courageous
    Options
    I also received this txt message, I had my pip assessment by telephone on the 4th July received the txt telling me they had received the report on the 18th July and still waiting for an outcome
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    apples said:
    I also received this txt message, I had my pip assessment by telephone on the 4th July received the txt telling me they had received the report on the 18th July and still waiting for an outcome
    As advised earlier in the thread decision can take up to 12 weeks from date of report.

That's different to the question now asked by cupcake about the timing of the payment following receipt of a message saying PIP has been awarded.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • apples
    Options
    calcotti said:
    apples said:
    As advised earlier in the thread decision can take up to 12 weeks from date of report.

That's different to the question now asked by cupcake about the timing of the payment following receipt of a message saying PIP has been awarded.
    I was replying to anniej9464 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    apples said:
    calcotti said:
    apples said:

I was replying to anniej9464 
    It does get confusing when people add different questions/comments to existing threads doesn't it!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • apples
    Options
    Extremely confusing 😀
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can hear the confusion here! Does anyone have any questions left unanswered? If you do, please don't hesitate to let us know. We just want to make sure that, despite this confusion, everyone feels heard and supported  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.