If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is neilbacon! Can anyone drop me some advice on UC tribunal?

Options
2»

Comments

• TerryG
    TerryG Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Well Neil,why they say you require 15 points is s total mystery to me,so peruse these at your leisure.My Tribunal also in its findings based it on points scored,I think I will have to inform Sutton courts that they are wrong also.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    You only need to satisfy one of the LCWRA descriptors which you can see here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    That screenshot above is very confusing. This is the link to the Turn2us website and as you can clearly see here that only 1 needs to apply. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Work-Capability-Assessment/Limited-Capability-for-Work-Related-Activity

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • neilbacon
    neilbacon Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Folks I'd like to say thank you all for your wonderful advice.
    Last Tuesday I won my case hands down with universal credit I was only in the tribunal for 10 minutes  my representative was ready to rip universal credit a new hole .but there was no need as UC backed down and admitted they got everything wrong.
    It also helped my case with getting the top rate of PIP awarded the day before.
    So if like to say a massive thank you again 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the update @neilbacon :) It sounds as though you've had some successes recently, which is great to hear! How are you feeling today? I can imagine this is a weight off of your mind.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • neilbacon
    Options
    Hiya yes it was a massive weight lifted as I'd been fighting them for 2 years.
    I see Uc As a total pain in the Ass.
    They don't seem to take anything into consideration all they're interested in is getting people back to work because it's all about number crunching 

• TerryG
    TerryG Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Neil,you are spot on with that assessment of the assessor's in your assessing of them.I call them the Traffic Wardens of the DWP,they are gonna give you a ticket regardless,the ticket being denied the award.The mandatory appeal is done in house,so you fail that,like phoning to appeal a ticket,then you get to the trial,you show your evidence,which is over riding in your favour,and an independent Judge/ Dr makes an assessment of the facts not opinions,and you win your appeal.
    Did you realise that over a two year period,an assessor gets to see you for let's say 40miutes,that equates to 0.004 of 1% over 712 days!!!!!.Yet,there "opinion" carries more weight than all the medical professionals and there factual evidence.
  • neilbacon
    Options
    Good morning g Terry,
    I fought this battle for two years all the evidence I sent in was in my favour even letters from my Gp who all clearly stated I was not fit for work because if my medical conditions yet all this was over looked .tbf I'm glad that when I appealed I had the good advice from my mental health welfare rights officer who took on my case and attended the appeal with me he made the DWP look stupid he had a lost of points and fallers on there part .
    But this could have been resolved 2 days before my appeal went ahead because the Dwp received a copy of my PIP letter giving me the maximum amount of points for both elements  yet the DWP still went ahead with the tribunal.
    The judge wasn't happy with the DWP at all when he made it clear in his acessment 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.